Pondering on Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CHCSurvivor

This has been on my heart for the past few weeks so thought I would post it:

I was reading a Joyce Meyer book that was entitled "Living Beyond Your Feelings," and it is really a life-changing book for me. It talks about how our feelings are important but that they do not need to control us. One topic that has been strong on my heart this week is forgiveness. Joyce made the comment "God forgives me for far more than I will ever have to forgive others for." Matthew 6:14-15 says, "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Are you willing to be released from the prison of bitterness and unforgiveness today? I challenge you to give it to God and leave it at His feet! God bless you, today and always.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I just read this same scripture in another site.
The person spoke beautifully to forgiveness.
That we will struggle in recieving God's forgiveness as long as we fail to forgive.
Not because we are not forgiven, but when we cannot find the mercy to forgive, how can we trully believe in God's forgivness and see Him forgiving us.
I have often spoken to if one wants to know God's love, they must love themself and others.
For it is in giving love, we can begin to see how great is God Our Father's love for us.
Now we cannot do these things on our own, for in flesh we fall short.
But as Jesus said, I am the way, truth, and the life.
That is why we are asked to call out to Jesus in faith, so that through death with Him, we recieve liife, His spirit, eternal life and all needed to do as we are called to in word and faith.
So just as we learn how great the love of God is in Jesus by loving , we learn as well how great God's forgivness is in Jesus by forgiving.
Not because God wthholds His love and forgivness, but because we will struggle to believe and know His love and forgivness when we cannot do the same.
So in Jesus, recive His spirit , and all that is His care, promise and salvation and provision, so that we will know through recieving mercy, we will in His mercy, learn His love and forgiveness, by doing unto others, as He has done for us.

Thankyou to both the author of this post and the simular one read elsewhere, for it shows and conferms the message Jesus desires for us all.

in Jesus, God bless
pickles

C

CHCSurvivor

You are very welcome, Pickles, but praise the Lord for this one - this is a hard lesson that I've had to learn over a long period of time. So glad that you enjoyed this, and you are absolutely right!