Praising away to victory

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chris_2012

Praise is an important part of a born again believer’s life. The Bible portrays praise as the main part of sacrifice or worship (Ps: 34:1- ‘I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be in my mouth.’), (Ps: 65:1- ‘Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Zion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.’) King David got the credit for promoting praise or worship through his Psalms which he wrote in God’s complete anointing and sung them during various situations in his life. In ancient Israel, the Levites were appointed to be the singers on instruments in order to lead the congregation in worship. (I Chr 9:33, I Chr 15:16). In the Bible, praise is also seen to be a powerful weapon against the devil and against the enemies of a Christian. II Chr 20:21 clearly mentions how the enemies of Israel were smitten and defeated as a result of praising God. Israel did not need to fight its enemies. I Sam 16:23 makes mention about the calming of the evil spirit that vexed King Saul when David played his harp (singing and praising). Joshua 13 shows that priests bearing trumpets (praises) were a part of the army which encompassed Jericho and caused its downfall and defeat according to God’s instructions. From this, it is clear that praising God is necessary to break the strongholds of the devil (enemy) which hinder the blessings and heavenly inheritance of a believer. Lastly, Acts 16:25 makes mention of the breaking of Paul’s and Silas’ bondages in prison as a result of praising God. Praise is essential in breaking the bonds of witchcraft and curses and in gaining victory over all Satanic attacks of a believer’s life. From my life’s own experiences also, I can say that praising God has got me many victories in some hard battles of my life. God taught me to do warfare against my enemies by merely praising him and not by resorting to any other means which people commonly use against their enemies. At other times, I got heavenly advice on how to do spiritual warfare against my enemies by praising God. So, friends and co-believers, praise away to victory!

Jul 27, 2011
God is most worthy of our praise always. The victory was won at the cross by Christ Jesus. We can continue to live in victory.