Pray for change!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kburzinski

I did not know I was being clingy to my girlfriend and not sure how not to be, she said I am pushing her away... She wants to fall in love. She said we need are own lives as well. We talk through a bunch of stuff know we just need to put it into action. But how and what does it look like, I can from a rough back ground and not good with relationships...I do not want to lose her. She said I am over crowding her space, I am pushing her away and she don't like it. She also said the way I am treating her is not working. I not sure how to change and yes I have issues. Advice please and prayers in change and saving this relationship.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Continueing to pray for both of you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

I will pray....

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Advice... you need to take a break from the relationship. Nobody likes to be smothered, so just give her space for a little while. That means, don't see her, call her, text her, etc. Leave her alone for a while. And "a while" doesn't mean one hour.

While you're doing that, take the time that you would normally spend on her... and spend it with God. That "rough background" and "issues" you have? Give them to God. "Cast ALL of your cares on Him... because He cares for you." And you're right, you don't know how to change. So ask Him to change you. Turn your life over to God completely, and ask Him to take control. If you are His, then the issues are His as well. And He can take care of them, erase them, turn you around, change you for the better. Ask Him to. :)

When you have peace about the situation, when it feels like there has been some resolution or change, and you don't feel so flustered... call your gf, tell her you've been trying to work things out with God, and you'd like to take things one step at a time. But don't stop praying, God needs to remain your focus even after you two are talking again.

I will pray for you, as well.

F

FatnWeak

I am in agreement with Popclick, you need to put the Lord first in your life. What is her personal relationship with God like? Does she have one at all? Ask yourself if remaining with her will bring honor to God or dishonor? The Lord will not help you in your situation if dishonor will stem from it. Either way I will pray to the Lord for you so He may guide you to do His will. Showing mercy, kindness, love, patience, forgiveness, being a witness of His awesome love for us. To be Christ like in character. God bless.