Pray for change!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kburzinski

I did not know I was being clingy to my girlfriend and not sure how not to be, she said I am pushing her away... She wants to fall in love. She said we need are own lives as well. We talk through a bunch of stuff know we just need to put it into action. But how and what does it look like, I can from a rough back ground and not good with relationships...I do not want to lose her. She said I am over crowding her space, I am pushing her away and she don't like it. She also said the way I am treating her is not working. I not sure how to change and yes I have issues. Advice please and prayers in change and saving this relationship.

U

Ugly

Well, much of this can't be answered as we have no idea what your actual behavior is like. She says that the way you're treating her isn't working, but we have no idea what that treatment is. Are you not treating her right, or is it some personal issue she has? A lot of things like this are subjective. Such as being clingy. Some people will say that, and some people will think its the right amount. Its hard to suggest to you what to do since we can't determine if you really do seem too clingy or if she just likes more space than you.
Relationships are a balance of compromise and still being yourself. Some things are just 'you' and you really shouldn't feel obligated to change them for others, unless you truly are overdoing it. Based off your wording, i'm going to make a guess and assume you are being a bit too clingy. Ease off a little, and if that doesn't work you may need to consider that you two may just not be compatible. If by your personality you're a bit more clingy, then you need someone who can accept, or even enjoy that aspect of you. But other than that its hard to give you any more advice since we don't have the information needed to know whats really going on.