Pray for me and our Family over a Divorce

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cec4me

Hi, I need prayer for my wife, Me and my wife meet in church about 10 years ago and have been married for 9 years. 2 weeks ago she called me crying wanting me to help her find her first boyfriend from 38 years ago. I told her no way I didn't think that was a good thing. And she hung up. She then called again and ask if I could help her get plane ticket to go find him. I again said no. Latter she call so I could transfer money into her account so she and her 2 kids (my step kids and grandson) could go get a apartment and I told her to go to the bank herself and take out the money. I called her later and asked what was going on and she told me that our marriage was a mistake and that she has always loved this other man but has never been able to find him until that night. She told me I was a good husband and a good provider and this was not my fault. She then told me that she was making her two adult kids self sufficient so she could be with this man. She told me to file for divorce and get on with my life. She has been in constant phone communication with this man and he lives in Tenn. I have called her and some of the women from our church have called her but she said that this is the man that God wants her to be with and that he forgives her. What she has told me about the man is that he got out of prison 2 years ago and lives in a trailer with not electricity or running water. She also told me he drinks and is on drugs. I am going out of my mind with this. Her kids have told me hey don't know what is wrong with their mom but their is nothing that we can do and I need to move on. I file the divorce paperwork like she wanted so Please pray that Jesus get a hold of her heart before its to late. Please also Pray for my two step kids and our grandson. And pray for God to do a Mighty work in our family. Thanks you and God Bless.

S

Stephen

cec4me, I am sorry to hear that your wife has decided to do this. I will pray for you and your family. May I also encourage you not to file for divorce just yet, especially if you are asking God to intervene here and save your marriage. If she wants a divorce then she needs to do the work. I know how this feels as my Christian wife suddenly told me she wanted a divorce. I pray that you seek God with all you have. Pray Pray Pray

L

lightbliss

I agree with Stephen.

she said that this is the man that God wants her to be with and that he forgives her

If someone is married, God would never tell them such a thing, especially when you consider that God hates adultery and divorce. When you take that into account, you'll see that she is just doing what she wants to, not something that is in God's Will (quite the opposite).

I'll keep you in prayer. God Bless.

C

cec4me

I wanted to update about filing for divorce with my wife. I did file the paper work because she said she wouldn't do it. She left her first husband after 8 years of marrage and would not file for divorce from him until 10 years later. And only because he had a child with someone else and felt he should be able to marry her.

S

Stephen

If I read your initial post correctly she informed you of her wishes only 2 weeks ago. If you want to work on this give it more time.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Both of you and your family are in my prayers in Jesus Christ is Lord for His healing love in this.

God bless.
pickles

B

Brokenhrted

Like the others said dont file. I am praying for you and your family....phil.4:13

O

OFM

praying for you and your family

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent for you and your situation.
God bless, Shekaniah

S

simplyme_bekah

I lift you up in prayer with tears in my eyes for the pain both of you are going through right now asking our Lord to guide you both on the path He has for your lives, I ask in Jesus name amen. I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling. God always surrounds me with His peace and His love before something hard is about to happen in my life. Call upon His name and He will deliver you and your wife.