Pray for my Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LaQuoi

I'm new to here but I have a situation. I'm a christian and I've not been where I need to be but I'm working on it. My wife of 10 years has told me she wants a divorce. She says she will not change her mind. I've have begun the process of letting go even-though I don't want to. We have 3 children I'm a truck driver so I'm not at home that much anymore. It seems like when I start o pull away she starts to pull closer. She says this is not about a man. I don't know what to belive right now I've been praying and searching god. I don't know where to read in the scripture but I don't want to fight her anymore either. I'm always the one left in tears and feeling alone and betrayed. I work hard for my family but yet she says I don't make her happy anymore and what would make her happy is not being married to me.

I hate being like this and I'm tired of it all. She did this to me once before about 5 years ago. She had pushed me so far away that I had started to see someone else. I confessed this to her and told her then and there if she wanted a real reason to leave me now she had one. But yet she didn't she said that she wanted to work on it....and now after she starts going to these different single sites it has all started up again. I love her deeply and I'm weak right now. But it's like when I start get closed off and am about to try to get myself in a place in my heart to where I'll be prepared for her leaving me she starts calling me. Even after she said that one of the issues was me calling too much...

I want to be married to her I want to be a father to my children. But I have feelings to. Everything is her choice and I know that God can't take her free will. I understand these things well. It is just right now I don't know what to do. I keep praying and keep reading but deep down I'm starting to feel dead inside...I think that sometimes I wish I were dead. I'm not suicidal or none of that...it is just the way I feel right now...and on top of it all I'm alone out here on the road. I know Jesus is with me, but it's different. I hope you all understand what I'm saying here because I have nowhere else to turn.

Thanks for Listening
James

L

LynnJ

Hello James,

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. This is a heart-breaking situation, but God can mend broken hearts. You may want to search the Psalms for comfort and peace right now, and then wait to hear God's voice in your heart about what to do. Here is something from the Psalms that I hope will encourage you:

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." (Ps. 57:1, NIV)

And here is one to help keep you strong and focused on God:

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." (Prov. 4:25-27, NIV)

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lynn

L

LaQuoi

thank you. I just read your post and just so happened to be reading in Proverbs at the moment. I resign myself to God's will but it hurts all the same. I've told her that if this is what she wants then I will not fight her. I read somewhere in the Bible I don't remember the verse but it says if your married to an unbeliver that if he/she wants to leave then give them a certificate of divorce.....God give me strength

Thank you for your prayers

J

josephkeyser

Hang on, don't give up. I'm not and in a very similar situation. I will pray for you! Let the Lord take the wheel!! Have strength. Our Savior will help you and yours as well as me and mine! God Bless you! >>>>>>>>>>> Joe

W

wisdom24

You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless!

L

Lady_Karen

Praying for you James ... I am sure that you will find strength to get through this hard time ... we are all here for you and I am praying for you that with the LOVE of the LORD you can overcome this and, get back with your wife ... take care and talk with you soon & if you would like someone to talk with I am just a click away ... take care !!!

Blessings,

Feb 9, 2009
James, my situation is all too similar to yours. Improving but all too similar and I'm still fighting it and I'll continue to climb up the hill until I've won. I encourage you to take time to sit down and watch the movie fireproof and read the book titled The Love Dare. If for nothing else it will make a difference in your own life and hopefully she'll see a difference in you also. Best of luck from a friend who's situation is all too familiar.

Jon