Prayer for a job and mom's good mental health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit sad over mom who is in a psychiatric hospital. I don't know exactly what started her on this path, but I hope that the staff of the hospital are able to help her to heal her mind.

I also think that she needs some time away from her family. Maybe we are affecting her mental health. She is still there in her mind, but I think that certain things happened between today and last September that I did not witness. I was away in Martinique and wish that I had been home to witness her progression to her present state.

She was well yesterday and today she was OK, but I think she needs some time to improve. Perhaps she'll be different for a very long time--I don't know. At least she's alive. I don't expect her to return to who she was before, but I will miss that person sincerely. However, while speaking with her yesterday and at some moments today I heard my mother's "true voice" and I was delighted.

I just need to be patient, but I think about her non-stop. I went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness to distract myself and that worked, I enjoyed the movie a lot.

I'm also concerned about my family's house. We need to have enough money to pay the mortgage and the bills. I'm praying to be hired for a well-paying job soon. I have a good chance for a 6-month internship. Please pray that I'm hired for it or another well-paying job.

Thanks for all prayers.

-- Aaron

C

Chezz

Hi Aaron! I will be praying. God Bless you!

L

Lightitbe

Aaron, mental illness is just a different part of the body and no different than heart disease or diabetes. I worked for three years with individuals with persistent mental illness as a mental health practitioner and guess what, once people are diagnosed and have medication and/or counseling to assist the chemistry in their brain to fire and connect as it should, there are no reasons why she can not make a full recovery. I know and I have seen it.

She is getting the help that she needs and that is a wonderful blessing. I pray that she will be treated exceedingly well and receive the gentle attention she needs to recover. As far as the family home, bills, and your upcoming internship, let go and let God. It will work out exactly as it is suppose to, it always does when we get out of God's way.

Be blessed Aaron good things are on their way, in God's name.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting your mom and all needs before God in Jesus's name.

God bless :)
pickles