Prayer for Becky

  • Thread starter Thread starter Breanna
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Breanna

Guest
Becky was my very best friend in high school. We lost contact for a while, but found our way back to being friends on FB and through other friends. We had a group of high school friends, and we used to meet every couple of months for tea or a meal. I moved last year, but I remain in contact with those friends.

Becky's life had a lot of wrong turns. But finally, about 10 years ago, she finished two degrees, including her Master's and wrote the exam to become a licensed psychologist which she passed. She got a job working in Fort MacMurray, and she loved living there. She was pretty left wing, but began to see the tremendous job that was being done to reclaim the land after open pit oil mining. She fell in love with the place and the people.

Then came the fires last week. On Sunday, she posted a picture of a small fire plume in the distance. At the time, I thought maybe it was a house on fire in the distance. Well, it wasn't. It was the wild fire before it got big. Becky evacuated like 80,000 or more other people. I knew she had family in Edmonton, and when I heard she was safe, I was so relieved.

So I was just reading FB, and she posted something. Someone asked her how she was doing. Not well! She just found out her home was among the 2600 structures that burned to the ground. I think it was about 3 years ago she bought it. She was so happy.

So please pray for comfort for Becky. And that she would find Jesus. She does believe in God, but seems to have lost her way in a humanist Canadian church.

And pray for the other people who lost their homes. No one had time to take anything, some people had to evacuate straight from work. And for the pets who are wandering around, and those locked up in houses, because the owners weren't allowed to go home.

Thanks in advance.