Prayer for my Brother with Broken Tibia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shekaniah

Prayers sent again...

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Karl made it through surgery just fine... I haven't heard any other details on how he is otherwise, but he is resting in the hospital now. He will likely be in the hospital until Sunday, and then after that he'll have to stay with some friends in Denver until he is healed up enough to move around more and his wife want come get him.

S

shekaniah

Thank you for the update. Prayers sent again...:)

C

chellebee

well praise God he made it through the surgery he will continue to be in my prayers

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou for the update, Ill continue to pray for him and all your family.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Karl is doing fine this morning. He said that they removed the stent that was in his leg to drain the excess fluids today, and his pain has been much less severe. Before he went into the surgery he was saying that his pain was close to a 9 on the 0-10 pain scale and now it is down to between a 3 and a 4. He should be allowed to leave the hospital on Sunday, where he will spend a week with some friends who live in Denver and have a check-up on his progress sometime next week before his wife is able to take him back home next Friday.

He has a long road to recovery from there, including 2 months of physical therapy and additional follow up surgeries to remove the pins and screws from his leg once it has healed. The doctors said they were able to piece it back together perfectly, and are expecting a 100% recovery. He will be in a wheelchair for the first 2 months. They said absolutely no weight-bearing, so crutches are out of the question.

He would like to thank everyone here for praying. He knows God is in control and has been there with him through all the pain and he is grateful for people who have never met him to be willing to pray.

O

OFM

Alayna i will b praying b blessed allways>>>>AMEN<<<<

S

shekaniah

Prayers continue...

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Karl has been released from the hospital and will have to stay in Denver with some friends for 10 days until he has his follow up with his surgeon on the 17th to determine how his healing is coming and at that time he may be able to remove the staples. The incision on his leg is about 10 inches long and there are 33 staples in it to keep it closed.

He has been able to move around in his wheelchair at the friends house that he is staying with fairly easily and has determined that he is able to go to the bathroom without assistance that made him really excited since he hasn't been able to do anything by himself for weeks.

Once again, he thanks you all so much for the continued prayers.

O

OFM

am praying Alayna still 4 him,b sure to check that he is getting his proper rest b blessed allways amen.

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Karl is not having a very good day today.. He just posted this on his FB, and he's feeling really low... Any encouraging prayers would be helpful!!!

I have quite possibly the worst insurance company ever, as in the past 4 days have told me they will not be paying a dime for my surgery, nothing for my post op care (which means all physical therapy is out of pocket) and then called me to tell me they never received a claim I sent 6+ weeks ago with a SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (that was signed for) so I have to acquire another ORIGINAL itemized receipt. When the form I had to complete for insurance says they want the original and not a copy, I'm not exactly sure how I can get another original without going to the retailer directly. Yet they gave me a fax number so does that mean they will accept a copy this time? I'm feeling so low and worthless right now like I'm a heel to everyone I associate with. When you combine that with no one wanting to come over and help you when you have multiple associates volunteering in advance. Is it that I'm just not that well liked or is this like a moving day thing and people just don't like to tell you "no" to your face? I also have managed to tick off the person I am staying with during my recovery already. I cleaned up as best I can given I can't carry much or reach above 5ft in hopes of not being thrown out and will pay my share of the utilities if needed. Not a solid emotional or mental day.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Karl is not having a very good day today.. He just posted this on his FB, and he's feeling really low... Any encouraging prayers would be helpful!!!

I have quite possibly the worst insurance company ever, as in the past 4 days have told me they will not be paying a dime for my surgery, nothing for my post op care (which means all physical therapy is out of pocket) and then called me to tell me they never received a claim I sent 6+ weeks ago with a SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (that was signed for) so I have to acquire another ORIGINAL itemized receipt. When the form I had to complete for insurance says they want the original and not a copy, I'm not exactly sure how I can get another original without going to the retailer directly. Yet they gave me a fax number so does that mean they will accept a copy this time? I'm feeling so low and worthless right now like I'm a heel to everyone I associate with. When you combine that with no one wanting to come over and help you when you have multiple associates volunteering in advance. Is it that I'm just not that well liked or is this like a moving day thing and people just don't like to tell you "no" to your face? I also have managed to tick off the person I am staying with during my recovery already. I cleaned up as best I can given I can't carry much or reach above 5ft in hopes of not being thrown out and will pay my share of the utilities if needed. Not a solid emotional or mental day.
Poor guy, so much to carry when he cannot walk himself.
Praying for him that Jesus will carry him and that all will be soon resolved in his favor, and for the help he needs.

God bless
pickles

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for strength, patience, and complete healing for your brother... it is indeed depressing to be dependent on other people for everything, esp. bathroom visits.

I'm afraid that thanks to the chaotic health insurance fiasco we will have to do battle with our insurance companies on a regular basis. Praying for his insurance matters to be taken care of.

And praying for understanding and patience for those who are helping him right now :)

buddybearr

Nov 29, 2007
Dear Lord
I come before You O mighty Lord Savior and great Healer to raise up to you in prayer AlaynaJ's brother Karl.

Lord You are the worker of great miracles and heal beyond all human knowlege or understanding.

I pray You, Lord Jesus, will take Alayna's brother Karl into Your loving hands and work a miracle to heal and repair his broken leg and restore him to full health.
I pray You, dear Savior and Lord, will give great knowlege and skills to the physicians and surgeons and medical staff that will attend Karl as Your tools to heal Karl and restore him to health.

Bring peace and comfort to all of Karl's family and friends knowing You are in ful control and that Let Your will be done for the best You can do even if it means in Karl's disabled state which may or may not be repariable, that You will use this for Your glory, Your honor and to serve Your greatest purposes .

In Karl's and Alayna's names and their family and friends I pray to you Lord Christ Jesus again let Your perfect will be done

AMEN