Prayer for prayer life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

Hi all,
I would really appreciate prayers for my prayer life....I believe I have the gift of prayer and have a love for the lost....I bought a copy of Operation World - which is a book that documents missionary activity and needs of the nations.So, I have high ambitions , but cant seem to knuckle down and get to it...either through distraction or apathy or substituting listening to sermons for prayer.
Same with bible reading....I have ambitions of reading through the entire bible twice in a few months...but again...distraction or other reasons get in the way.
PLEASE pray that I get into good habits with these two things ...they are imperative to a fruitful life.
Thanks so much,
Mooky.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am often times in the same boat, I have very high ambitions with god. but we all seem to get distracted day by day until we learn to rest in his peace and just enjoy being with him. sometimes we also let our abitions become the cornerstone of our faith even if they holy ambitions god sometimes just says slow down and rest with me. Don't make the same mistake i made, I have made promises to god from my heart and i still intend to keep them but i become so focused on becoming strong in the lord to fulfill these dreams i lost contact with who god really is and the relationship i once had with him. Also I think it's amazing you are called to prayer, I myself am able to say amazing prayers when i put my heart and spirit in it but i do not feel it is my calling. what I really enjoy doing is helping others, wether it be giving advice and encouragement or helping the needy

S

shekaniah

Sure thing!
What a wounderful thing to ask for!

Father give her a passion to know you more,
open up time in her life for prayer and bible study.
Give her wisdom and insight to go with it.
In Jesus Name, Amen

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
That's great sis'

I would like to recommend to you some sermons which you might find helpful and may increase your prayer life and devotion by the grace of God.

Prayer and Praying men - Edward M. Bounds
The Man Under the Stage - Eric Ludy
Praying Through - Eric Ludy
The Position of Faith - Eric Ludy

Also check out Ellerslie Training & Christian Discipleship | with Eric & Leslie Ludy

I pray that these materials will give you a fervent and burning desire to pray for others, i also pray that God may fill you with his love in such abundance that your heart will be ever so burdened with the things that burden his, may God give you a burning desire to fill in the gap and fill you with his Love, overflowing with his Love, i pray that God may bring his will in your life to pass, God bless and stay safe.

I

Indubitably

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing. in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Father, Mooky is asking for a greater prayer life and we ask you Lord, to draw her close to you and show here the importance of prayer, that we may always be in communion with You. Bless her life and may she soon find the beauty of simply being in your presence. Thank you Lord, In Jesus' name, Amen.

M

Mooky

Thanks so much, everyone for the verses, prayers and encouragement and for the admonition to stay safe(yes , things really DO happen when we to come to the throne on other peoples behalf, so we need to be prepared for that!)

M

Mooky

I also realise now, having reread what I wrote , that one prolly should be realistic in ones goals setting....otherwise one is setting oneself up for failure....plus God has to be the centre of it - otherwise it is just a fleshly attempt to do Gods work in our own strength.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and all you ask in Jesus's name. :)

God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

I also realise now, having reread what I wrote , that one prolly should be realistic in ones goals setting....otherwise one is setting oneself up for failure....plus God has to be the centre of it - otherwise it is just a fleshly attempt to do Gods work in our own strength.
*applauding*

Attagirl! :)

See how faithful the Lord is? :)
See how quickly He comes to give you what you need? :)

Your heart is full of love for Him
(love He Himself placed there! :) )
and He knows this. ♥

Because He loves you, and He is your Shepherd,
you will always have everything you need!
(see Psalm 23 ;) )

I am asking the Lord for just such things as these,
and for much, much more for you,
my very dear one. ♥

love,
ellie