Prayer or testemony

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 7, 2007
Yesterday i was reading my bible, since a long time. For a long time my life is so very difficult and i felt really depressed, could hardle pray. A time ago i wrote here i couln't understand why some people , who really are greedy, very rich ,could have such a great life , although they are very mean, greedy and so on. No problems at all, theyre children doing fine, good health earn a lot of money, are corrupt too. But yesterday i was thinking no to go by feelings, and read my bible. Was reading Daniel, and got a lead to psalm 73.
It hit me like a rock. Araf told not to look at people who had much more. And that was what i did all the time.
i prayed and asked the Lord for forgiveness.
I felt good since a long time connecting with the Lord.
but satan never rests too. Did not give me a day before the attack. Today i got a big bill to pay.
the Lord is stronger. Let me stay strong too.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

J

JDecree

Yesterday i was reading my bible, since a long time. For a long time my life is so very difficult and i felt really depressed, could hardle pray. A time ago i wrote here i couln't understand why some people , who really are greedy, very rich ,could have such a great life , although they are very mean, greedy and so on. No problems at all, theyre children doing fine, good health earn a lot of money, are corrupt too. But yesterday i was thinking no to go by feelings, and read my bible. Was reading Daniel, and got a lead to psalm 73.
It hit me like a rock. Araf told not to look at people who had much more. And that was what i did all the time.
i prayed and asked the Lord for forgiveness.
I felt good since a long time connecting with the Lord.
but satan never rests too. Did not give me a day before the attack. Today i got a big bill to pay.
the Lord is stronger. Let me stay strong too.
WOW. I was just reading that psalm on Wednesday, then last night I heard mention of it in a sermon, and now you bring it up.

The illustration from the sermon went something like this(hopefully I tell it right lol):

A preacher poured out his whole life in ministry all over the world in dangerous places. He lost his wife and his health serving the LORD. He found he was just too old to be of service anymore so he decided to go home. On the long journey back home by boat there was a celebrity on board. When they arrived at their destination, the preacher saw that a crowd was gathered to see the celebrity. They rolled out the red carpet for him and were clapping and taking pictures and he got in a limosine to go home to his mansion. The preacher walked home alone with no one to greet him.

He got to his small dingy apartment and made a simple meal and sat down to eat. He broke down and cried to God, "Why LORD? That celebrity doesn't live for you and yet he lives like a king and has a palace to call his home. My health is ruined and my wife is gone. LORD I have tried to serve you my whole life and I come home to this..."

God simply replied, "You aren't home yet."

J

jkalyna

Cares of the world could bring a darkness along with it, the word says that those who heard the word, but were not rooted in it, or the weeds choked them, as cares of life. Were to be thankfull always, discouragement is a tool from hell. Staying there will turn into depression. Were not to covet another's life, complaining will not bring things out of the dark, "bring your prayers, and petitions before the LOrd, with THANKSGIVING, and the peace of God will guard your heart ,and your mind. Being obedient is not doing our own thing, but doing it the Lord's way. Carnality isn't the mind of Christ, praise him, you see the Light.