I wish I prayed more, about things in general.
I wonder how often prayer is neglected or underestimated. It may seem useless, talking to the air. But in reality, prayer is communicating with the creator of the universe. Our prayers can influence the actions of God. Theologians and philosophers have tried to decipher how or why that works, but that's beyond the realm of this post. The fact is, God commands us to pray to him, and when we pray, God listens, and sometimes we see God respond.
There isn't a lot I can do in this world. But even in the face of seeming inability, there is always prayer. Prayer for someone to come to know Christ, or to have a stronger walk of faith, or for blessings, or any other myriad of things.
The service books found in the church I go to is loaded with pre-written prayers and suggested prayers for each day. It's something that is highly valuable. Valuable for us, and valuable to God.
I wonder how often prayer is neglected or underestimated. It may seem useless, talking to the air. But in reality, prayer is communicating with the creator of the universe. Our prayers can influence the actions of God. Theologians and philosophers have tried to decipher how or why that works, but that's beyond the realm of this post. The fact is, God commands us to pray to him, and when we pray, God listens, and sometimes we see God respond.
There isn't a lot I can do in this world. But even in the face of seeming inability, there is always prayer. Prayer for someone to come to know Christ, or to have a stronger walk of faith, or for blessings, or any other myriad of things.
The service books found in the church I go to is loaded with pre-written prayers and suggested prayers for each day. It's something that is highly valuable. Valuable for us, and valuable to God.