Prayers for moms test results

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 27, 2023
Ok you guys, if you can at all, i need some serious prayers. Long story short, my mom has really bad edema caused by kidney disease. They sent her for an ultrasound yesterday to make sure the swelling isn't caused by liver or spleen issues. They also worried about Hep c, because she was exposed years ago from a guy she dated. (She was tested back then and said she didn't have it) So of course she is nervous and scared and im a wreck. My mom and i are close and the thoughts it could be bad,,,i just can't. Please if you all can PLEASE pray for good results. I know God;'s got this, but I also know sometimes, things have to happen. My mom is recovering opioid addict and has been christan for teh past fie years or so and shes been teh best person since, she really loves God. I need genuine prayers. Not just people saying they will pray but dont. Thank you in advance!
:cry::confused:

Oct 6, 2022
If she is willing, let's consider these verses
Mark 9:23“If You can?” echoed Jesus. “All things are possible to him who believes!”

this is true. Also,
Mark 11:23“Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him.

James 1:6But he must ask in faith, without doubting, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

let's be rid of any doubt. I believe a good way to rid yourself of doubt is to fast from food, because you would not fast after a certain point without belief. I've also noticed sometimes it can benefit to have someone else pray for your close ones as well.

Also consider this too

1 John 3:21Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God, 22and we will receive from Him whatever we ask, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight. 23And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another just as He commanded us.

John 15:7If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples.

further, here's one of my favorite psalms

Psalm 41:
1Blessed is the one who cares for the poor;

the LORD will deliver him in the day of trouble.

2The LORD will protect and preserve him;

He will bless him in the land

and refuse to surrender him

to the will of his foes.

3The LORD will sustain him on his bed of illness

and restore him from his bed of sickness.

lastly, I believe the devil does use sin to spread disease. In fact I believe this now more than I even did last year, even though innocent people also get diseases as well imo.
if there's any sins that you are aware of such as sex outside of marriage (adultery, 1 Corinthians 7:1), I would recommend repentance and if there is bondage to that sin, then I'd recommend freedom from that sin through repentance and baptism

Romans 6:20For when you were slaves to sin, you were free of obligation to righteousness. 21What fruit did you reap at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? The outcome of those things is death.

John 12:
40“He has blinded their eyes

and hardened their hearts,

so that they cannot see with their eyes,

and understand with their hearts,

and turn,

and I would heal them.”h

Romans 6:4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

But most importantly, it is good to do this,

Acts 26:20First to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds worthy of their repentance.

Acts 2:38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 6:1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,a and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms,b the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped away,

do these,
Romans 10:9that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

get this
Acts 2:38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

1 Peter 3:21And this water symbolizes the baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body, but the pledge off a clear conscience toward God—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

receive this Person,
Romans 8:9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Galatians 6:8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

do this,
John 6:53So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day

and don't be this

1 John 3:15Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer.

to be able to one day go Home with a truly loving Dad that has prepared a wonderful, stress free life for His children that will never end, and we know this because God raised His son Jesus Christ from the dead three days after being crucified and tortured in our place

Colossians 1:22But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— 23if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant

and if you

Romans 2:6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.”a 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life.

God bless

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Lord, touch her and heal her and make her whole. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Ok you guys, if you can at all, i need some serious prayers. Long story short, my mom has really bad edema caused by kidney disease. They sent her for an ultrasound yesterday to make sure the swelling isn't caused by liver or spleen issues. They also worried about Hep c, because she was exposed years ago from a guy she dated. (She was tested back then and said she didn't have it) So of course she is nervous and scared and im a wreck. My mom and i are close and the thoughts it could be bad,,,i just can't. Please if you all can PLEASE pray for good results. I know God;'s got this, but I also know sometimes, things have to happen. My mom is recovering opioid addict and has been christan for teh past fie years or so and shes been teh best person since, she really loves God. I need genuine prayers. Not just people saying they will pray but dont. Thank you in advance!
:cry::confused:

I just prayed for your special Mom.
I understand what it's like to be so concerned with a parent's health challenge.

You mentioned kidney function. The first place that I check with family who are Rxd a new drug are the side effects. Sometimes doctors don't do that when they really should. Even some over the counter meds deactivate or damage kidneys. Combinations of drugs are not studied for harmful effects although it's well known that common combinations can quickly cause renal decline. That's why I'd do your homework and take the information to your Mom and to her physician just in case it's a, or possibly the contributing factor.

Here is a link to a blessing.
Please feel free to share it with your Mom after listening.
Please keep us posted.