Prayers for Newton

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jennyyyyy

Please everyone, let us offer up our prayers for those families and victims devastated by the incident in Newton, Connecticut at the Sandy Hook elementary school.

Please let us pray for the victims, that they shall find peace, and that God will take them under His loving wing, and protect them, and dry their tears.

Let us pray for the injured, and the children and staff, who now walk in their lives with this dark cloud over their heads...a reminder of this tragic, and devastating day. Let us pray that God will heal them, and provide for them, and help them to find peace. Pray they find the strength and consolation to get through this time.

Let us also pray for those at fault. Let us ask God to have mercy on them. Pray that He helps those victims and families, and children to find it in their hearts to forgive, and show compassion for those who hurt them.

Light a candle in your heart, and keep this tragic day in your thoughts and minds, and offer up your prayers.

All of this, we pray of our father in Heaven. He who reigns, and loves. He who will see them through.

Through Christ our Lord, we pray.

Amen, and God bless you all.

A

anonymous04

Lord we lift this to you, Amen.

I

Indubitably

I've been praying since I heard the news. This is so heart wrenching. I can't even imagine getting the news that your precious kindergartener was killed at school. These people and this town need God now. If we all join in prayer for them, think of the comfort and tender love they will experience through God's Holy Spirit, our Comforter! Love your neighbor as yourself!

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
praying for their comfort and strength.

T

TAZorek

A tear and prayer, forwarded

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus's name for all.

God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

My husband blessed me with this CD as an early gift, and I thought of this song last night...
apparently, Steven and Mary Beth Chapman were thinking the same thing, because when I went to search the song lyrics, they had posted notes
with the same sentiments I felt...

ünspeakable sadness...heavy hearts...
this couple knows what it is to lose a child,
and so I post the words to this song, written by SCC, last year.

Christmas Card

(Steven Curtis Chapman)
I think I passed you on the busy sidewalk last night
I think I caught the sadness in your eyes
While everybody sings their happy Christmas songs tonight
All you want to do is cry
Christmas lights and decorations everywhere you turn
But all you feel inside is dark and gray
There may be joy for all the world but is there any joy for you
Hold on, Love is looking for a way
Hold on, I believe it’s why love came

So I’m sending you this Christmas card
To let you know somebody loves you
And I’m singing you this little song
To let you know you’re not alone
And I’m thinking, as we celebrate, how Love came down
So every lost and lonely broken heart would get found
And wherever you are, I hope this Christmas card
Finds you and reminds you
You are loved

For every one who’s been left standing on the outside looking in
Every one with dreams that never will come true
When the story of your life gets re-written over night
Well, this is all part of the Christmas story, too
And I believe God knows and He’s right there with you
So I’m sending you this Christmas card
To let you know somebody loves you

And I’m singing you this little song
To let you know you’re not alone
And I’m thinking, as we celebrate, how Love came down
So every lost and lonely broken heart can be found
You are not alone
You’re never forgotten
The God who made you came down to our world
To let us know wherever we are
He is with us
Our God is with us
And He really wants to let you know
Just how much He loves you

And I’m singing you this Christmas song
So you’ll know you’re not alone
And I’m thankful, as we celebrate, how Love came down
Now all the lost and lonely broken hearts can be found
You are loved
© 2012 Chappy Campers Music (BMI) (admin. by Primary Wave/Wixen Music)

hear the song here:

Steven Curtis Chapman - Christmas Card - Official Lyric Video - You

K

Knightj33

A prayer for all the families involved in this horrific tragedy. I ask the lord comfort them as only he can . We all grieve over the precious lives that were taken from us so early but can find comfort in knowing the lord is with them. God bless you and keep you safe

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
Yes i briefly read an article about a teacher who barricaded the doors told the children a very bad man is out there, told them she loved them hid them in the closet and get this, she prayed, that part is what really got me, had it not been for Jesus that massacre would have been worse, it was love that saved them, yes indeed lets offer our prayers and also thank God the Father for those who were lucky enough to make it alive.

Thank you Father, thank your Jesus.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

S

shekaniah

Praying for all who are touched by this