Prayers please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 29, 2016
Please pray for discernment and wisdom for me because lately I've been thinking about going to nursing school while working maybe part time or PRN as a phlebotomist. I'm praying and trying to discern why I'm wanting to be a nurse since the thought of being one was sudden. I'm making a list of reasons why I'm considering nursing and the hindrances/doubts that's causing me to second guess. I want to be absolutely sure if this is from God or not. Because if it's just a selfish, unreasonable motive that I'm oblivious to, then I won't do it. Thanks.

Pattydear

Jul 21, 2017
Hello Christcenteredgirl...I have prayed for the Lord to give you wisdom about your new career choice. I know that he is pleased when we honor him and care what his will is for our lives. When were younger we think that there is some giant thing we should be doing, and there are those who do them...just remember whatever career you choose that showing God's love can be as small as cup of water to a stranger, food , warm clothes , the Lord will use you wherever you are as long as you remember him. God bless you..

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God , please hold ChristCentredGirls' hand and guide on your ways, let your will come true in her life. Lord give your knowledge and wisdom and bless to decide in this matter. we agree with this prayer, Lord please help her, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

1True

Apr 29, 2017
Lord ty that you loved us first come and draw ChristCenteredGirl close to you ,open her spiritual eyes ,ears and touch the heart profoundly gift her with sharp spiritual discernment guiding her into all things in every area of her Life, bless her with More of You Lord as she walks towards You ,hold her in the center circle of Your will for her place a hedge of protection guard her heart Lord from all hinderance bless her with renewed mind body and spirit in Jesus name
Amen

Dec 19, 2009
Please pray for discernment and wisdom for me because lately I've been thinking about going to nursing school while working maybe part time or PRN as a phlebotomist. I'm praying and trying to discern why I'm wanting to be a nurse since the thought of being one was sudden. I'm making a list of reasons why I'm considering nursing and the hindrances/doubts that's causing me to second guess. I want to be absolutely sure if this is from God or not. Because if it's just a selfish, unreasonable motive that I'm oblivious to, then I won't do it. Thanks.
I don't know why you shouldn't study to be a nurse, unless it's too much of a burden or will keep you from doing more important things.

Nov 29, 2016
Honestly, and I'm not proud to admit this, but I have a tendency to be a quitter when things get rough and challenging. I don't believe I have the capabilities to become a nurse because of the way God wired me. I'm just an incapable person in general and another thing I'm not proud of is that I was actually a nursing major before but after taking 4 semesters of the basics, I dropped out because it was "too hard" and plus, at that time I only wanted to help people as a nurse to make myself look and feel good. But now, I'm thinking about going back and I'm unsure as to "why". Something I'm really trying to discern and pray about.

W

wwjd_kilden

Hi

I also dropped out of the studies to become a nurse , more because I wasn't any good at it though.

If you feel like going back I think you should. - Just make sure you are motivated enough to go through with it
(After all, now you already know how frustrating it is to start something and then quit it).

If you are unsure: Try to get a temp job somewhere (where you can work as an unskilled assistant),
that way you can both get hands- on experience AND a chance to talk to the nurses about what they do
(Much of it is stuff you'd never think about if you'd just seen them hand out medicines and draw blood ... like writing reports, follow progress, coordinating things with doctors, physio etc )

Nov 29, 2016
Did you have a pretty hard time with the skills?

I'm going to make sure that my motives are in the right place and keep praying on this.

What I may do is job shadow a nurse, if the hospital will let me.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Lord, please close every door this person should walk into according to Your perfect will for their life, and open new doors of opportunity in the way in which they should walk. We pray they will succeed in training and career. Thank You, Lord, that You care so very much for this person and every decision. In Christ's Name, Amen.

K

kittycat7

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.