PRAYERS THAT AVAIL MUCH......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SeekinHIM

Precious Saints of GOD,

Just a little reminder when you are praying.................ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.................

Address The FATHER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.......................

Here's the situation.....We are having an ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP with GOD, and as you know HE is represented in 3 PARTS, OR EXPRESSIONS OR PERSONS...............

HE'S THAT BIG OR THAT MAJESTIC THAT ONE PART IS TOO MINIMAL TO REPRESENT HIM.........THAT'S A TEACHING IN ITSELF.......

So when you pray, as JESUS said in the Gospels, ....." In that day you shall ask Me nothing, My FATHER will give you whatever you ask in My Name...........JOHN 16: 22-24

SO IF YOU ARE ASKING JESUS TO DO STUFF IN YOUR LIFE AND UH, IT'S NOT WORKING THIS IS WHY.

Quite simply, if I ask you to do something, and you are a Dad, then in reality I am asking you THE PERSON, WHO IS A DAD, THIS MEANS YOU ARE ALSO A HUSBAND TO YOUR WIFE, AND YOU ARE A FATHER TO YOUR CHILDREN.............

So when you pray, again ask The FATHER, IN JESUS' NAME BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.....

And while we are on this subject, MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU ARE GOING TO GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR, AND ALSO MOST IF NOT ALL OBVIOUS SIN ACTIVITY HAS BEEN SETTLED BEFORE THE LORD AND IS UNDER THAT MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD................

NOW A LITTLE COMMON SENSE HERE............IF YOU ASK FOR A MILLION DOLLARS FROM GOD, UNDERSTAND SOMETHING FIRST.............HE WHO IS FAITHFUL WITH A FEW (DOLLARS) THINGS, I WILL GIVE HIM MUCH.........

PRAY ON MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST..............

SeekinHIM

W

wwjd_kilden

aaand.....what about when I ask Him to heal people in the name of the Father and Jesus and the Holy spirit and still nothing happens?

I

ilovehillsong

I'm sorry, but that's a bit of a mouthful. Besides, the one is three and the three is one, so surely saying just 'Jesus' or just 'God' is ok, because you are praying to all three anyone. I tend to pray to Jesus mainly, so why does that suddenly have to change?

W

wwjd_kilden

people just like to make rules....

G

Graybeard

It's a heart condition......God reads your heart and it's motives...there is no formula to get prayers answered...period!!

S

SeekinHIM

THIS IS TRUE, NO FORMULA INDEED, JUST PROPER "HEAVENLY ETIQUETTE" IF I COULD USE THAT EXPRESSION.............

YOU WOULDN'T GO TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND NOT ADDRESS EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE WITH THE SAME GREETING WOULD YOU...........?

JUST A THOUGHT......

SeekinHIM

W

wwjd_kilden

But they are the same... if I talk to God, I am also talking to Jesus, and the other way around

S

SeekinHIM

Precious,

That is true, to a point, because when JESUS WAS HERE HE ADDRESSED HIS FATHER IN ALL PRAYER.............KEY BEING WHEN HE WAS HERE

But now HE is there and the HOLY SPIRIT is here..............Remember they all have different functions...........

So when we address THEM, while it is TRUE, the 3 are ONE GOD, it is also proper to address them equally as GOD, and yet individualy as GOD...........

Sounds a little weird, but not any more strange than someone being raised from the dead..................which is weird enough isn't it.......

SeekinHIM

Feb 3, 2010
I think if we viewed prayer in the same way we worship God, we would be much better off. When we worship God, especially using music, we allow our expectations to fall away. We are less likely to hold God responsible for our experience - I believe worship is more likely to be offered as a gift than prayer.

Yet, God asks us to offer up prayer, as well as worship. Pray without expectation - pray that God will conform your will to His. Express your needs, emotions, and fellowship without your opinion about how it might turn out.

God Bless

S

SeekinHIM

PRAISE GOD,

I HEARD A SONG LONG AGO AND THE MAIN VERSE SAID THAT " OUR PRAYER IS WRAPPED UP IN OUR PRAISE " Which I totally believe also.......

Thank you aspen, for your response, and indeed DO EXPECT FROM GOD HOWEVER, EXPECT HIS BEST FOR YOU IN YOUR LIFE.............

SeekinHIM

G

greatkraw

I ask God for all sorts of thing

but I never put Him on the clock

G

Graybeard

Jesus Himself directed us how we should pray...remember?

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.......

no mention of anyone else BUT our Father.

I

ilovehillsong

Yep, and that has survived forever (not literally but yeah!). Father=God=Jesus=Holy Spirit, so you really only need to pray to 1.