Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
That's just Calvinism at its most extreme. Your quote-meme doesn't even support your claim.
Anyone who has faith in their faith rather than faith in the person and work of Christ is still under the curse.

Jer 17:5 Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I take it you do not read your Bible
You can keep your dumb assumptions to yourself.

for the word propitiation is found in it four times and means a sacrifice which satisfies and quenches wrath as a mercy seat.
You used it incorrectly. Deal with it. If you can't take respectful correction without getting your knickers in a twist, that's a "you" problem.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
That is a definition of the gospel (and certainly not the only one), not a presentation of the gospel.
These are the important parts of the Gospel message which is God-centred and not man-centred, for salvation belongs to the Lord and not the choice of men who will never see their desperate need of Christ unless the Holy Spirit reveals to them who God is so they can truly see who they are before Him and then be brought to see their desperate need of grace found only in Christ.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Anyone who has faith in their faith rather than faith in the person and work of Christ is still under the curse.

Jer 17:5 Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.
Yes, and?

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Did Noah approach God or God approach Noah? Did God approach Abraham or Abraham approach God?
How does a heart of stone or one that is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things stir itself?
The story of the prodigal is a 3 part parable. It's purpose is to teach how the triune God accomplish salvation and the role of each.
First, the good Shepherd...Jesus...who seeks and saves the lost.
Second, the woman...the Holy Spirit...who lights a candle...brings enlightenment...and sweeps...cleanses the inside.
Third, the father...the Father...who lavishes the lost one in welcoming him home.
A woman lights a candle? What Bible are you reading?

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
The quoted verse does not support your assertion.
oh yes it did. And no nothing ever does have an insertion with people who are just intent on disagreement, I have lived with lord for more than you will ever know.

Tell me would you give your life for someone deserving go to go hell.

He gave his life because he loved us.

And he have us his life to atone the blood of sin so that they could escape hell.

Big difference to deserving hell

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I'm saying it comes from God and is the only repentance that results in salvation.
your not saying anything other than total confusion.

It says Godly sorrow produces repentance,

It's doesn't say Godly sorrow makes repentance

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
These are the important parts of the Gospel message which is God-centred and not man-centred, for salvation belongs to the Lord and not the choice of men who will never see their desperate need of Christ unless the Holy Spirit reveals to them who God is so they can truly see who they are before Him and then be brought to see their desperate need of grace found only in Christ.
You seem to understand the gospel, but in your "posters", you aren't presenting it well. For some reason, me telling you that seems to offend you.

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
You can keep your dumb assumptions to yourself.

You used it incorrectly. Deal with it. If you can't take respectful correction without getting your knickers in a twist, that's a "you" problem.
It helps if you are honest with yourself for you are the one who questioned in bold letters the word and not me.

It seems that you are a rabid Arminian who hates the notion that God can choose whoever He wants to save.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
It helps if you are honest with yourself for you are the one who questioned in bold letters the word and not me.

It seems that you are a rabid Arminian who hates the notion that God can choose whoever He wants to save.
It seems you have anyone you want going to hell whom you choose

maxamir

Mar 8, 2024
You seem to understand the gospel, but in your "posters", you aren't presenting it well. For some reason, me telling you that seems to offend you.
If you propose the Gospel is that God loves everyone and sincerely desires to save all then you do not yet know the Gospel and have succumbed to a false gospel and a false christ.

The Christ of Arminianism

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It seems you are given to unwarranted assumptions and insults. That's another "you" problem.

Good day, sir.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
A woman lights a candle? What Bible are you reading?
Luke 15. A coin is lost. The home is lit and swept to find the coin.
Lost sheep...lost coin...lost son. All speak to the issue of salvation, and highlight the role of the Son, the Spirit, and the Father in salvation.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
oh yes it did. And no nothing ever does have an insertion with people who are just intent on disagreement, I have lived with lord for more than you will ever know.

Tell me would you give your life for someone deserving go to go hell.

He gave his life because he loved us.

And he have us his life to atone the blood of sin so that they could escape hell.

Big difference to deserving hell
I would strongly encourage you to proofread your writing before clicking "Post reply". I know English is not your first language, but snapping off error-ridden replies does not reflect well on you.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
your not saying anything other than total confusion.

It says Godly sorrow produces repentance,

It's doesn't say Godly sorrow makes repentance
It speaks to 2 kinds of sorrow. One comes from God and leads to repentance unto salvation. The other is a worldly sorrow produced by man and leads to death.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Psst... Luke 15:8, KJV. :)
Parables convey truths. To interpret the woman in this parable as being the Holy Spirit, is stretching this story beyond the limits of any rubber band I have encountered.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Parables convey truths. To interpret the woman in this parable as being the Holy Spirit, is stretching this story beyond the limits of any rubber band I have encountered.
I wasn't supporting his interpretation; just pointing to the verse. :)

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
It speaks to 2 kinds of sorrow. One comes from God and leads to repentance unto salvation. The other is a worldly sorrow produced by man and leads to death.
God giving you sorrow is no different to God saying to cain, who was looking all gloomy, because his offering had not been accepted.

God Said to Cain if you do what is right you will be accepted.

That was God giving Cain sorrow even tho he knew he was about to strike cain, he was giving him sorrow in advance, he still had to do what was right afterwards, but he never and he struck able .

He gave him more sorrow sorrow by punishing him, God could have struck him dead.

He gave Adam and eve sorrow by clothing them, and punishing them, but they still had to serve their punishment and do what was right.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I would strongly encourage you to proofread your writing before clicking "Post reply". I know English is not your first language, but snapping off error-ridden replies does not reflect well on you.
Sorry but you do not give your life for somebody deserving to go to hell.
Jesus gave his life for other reasons.

If you can't accept this then you might want to wonder why Jesus said forgive them for they do not know what they do.