Pridefulness because God uses us

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 2 And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

Numbers 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown: 3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

How many times have you heard something like what is being said in these verses? I underlined what they said against Moses. Both times God was angry and punished the people who were against Moses. Miriam was given lepracy, Numbers 12:10. Korah and the two hundred and fifty princes were killed by the LORD, Numbers 16:31-35.

I believe it would be wise to remember what they said wrong so we do not say anything like it. Both times they were attempting to usurp authority given by God. Both times they were prideful because the LORD had worked among them. When God uses people there is a possiblity that they let it go to their head.

A

AnandaHya

we should always remember it is GOD who does these things

we do not do good by our own will but by the commandments of God. therefore what is there to boast about?

1 Corinthians 9:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

17For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

those who charge people to hear their message are going against God's commandments to dispense with the Gospel of Christ without charge, for as they were freely given so should they freely give and most likely their message will not be the gospel of Christ but a perversion to entice itchy ears and empty wallets.

Last edited:
C

Crossfire

Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 2 And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

Numbers 16:2 And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown: 3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

How many times have you heard something like what is being said in these verses? I underlined what they said against Moses. Both times God was angry and punished the people who were against Moses. Miriam was given lepracy, Numbers 12:10. Korah and the two hundred and fifty princes were killed by the LORD, Numbers 16:31-35.

I believe it would be wise to remember what they said wrong so we do not say anything like it. Both times they were attempting to usurp authority given by God. Both times they were prideful because the LORD had worked among them. When God uses people there is a possiblity that they let it go to their head.
Amen. This is why many preachers fall regardless of denomination.

L

Laodicea

1 Corinthians 10:12
(12) Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Romans 11:21-22
(21) For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
(22) Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
1 Timothy 3:6
not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

Proverbs 6:16-19
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

P

prophecyman

Satan is the author of pride and his children are many. May we walk humbly with God!