Pro-abortion politicians receiving Holy Communion against Church teaching/law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
there are different catechisms

I tend to only trust the Baltimore Catechism which was written before the loony liberalism infested the Church.

But even if one were to quote from that (which I have no inclination to believe anyone at this forum has)

that does not compare to someone who has studied Catholicism rather in-depth and more importantly has LIVED it.. as I have for decades. I've been both inside and outside the RCC

inside is better.. although the way things are going in the hierarchy... all the rebellion and unorthodox teaching.. moving "priests" around rather than defrocking them... I just don't know what to say...

Yet Jesus promised that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church (which: you'd have to believe that that is NOT true if you believe what Protestants often teach, namely that in the 4th century, the Church disappeared and only existed underground...)

No, Jesus said the gates of Hell itself would NOT prevail against His Church
Right

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
the Word of God is interpreted by whomever reads it

you can trust yourself

or you can trust the Church Christ established on Earth

up to u
Judging by the fact that you can buy your way into salvation in the catholic church, i definitely would not trust them.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Judging by the fact that you can buy your way into salvation in the catholic church, i definitely would not trust them.
I cant afford to be catholic. I would go broke buying indulgents.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Catholicism is a worldwide pedo ring. But yeah they totally care about children

K

kaylagrl

Catholicism is a worldwide pedo ring. But yeah they totally care about children

Yep, I see that. But, they are standing for life. And evangelicals need to take up that mantle and be as strong. Biden is Catholic and I don't think they're wrong to take a stand on this. If you agree with abortion, you are not a believer, period.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
you should care

except that we dont have an orthodox pope

sigh

well, even Peter betrayed Our Lord..
even Peter betrayed Our Lord..

that seems to be the go to when a pope does something immoral or against God.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I cant afford to be catholic. I would go broke buying indulgents.
You meant "indulgences". :)

But as you know Pope Francis is very indulgent. He would give you some freebies. While the Vatican still has its walls, he goes around clamoring for all walls to be demolished. Do you wonder what they're hiding behind those walls? If you get a chance read "The Order" by Daniel Silva (a Jew). It was published last year.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
You meant "indulgences". :)

But as you know Pope Francis is very indulgent. He would give you some freebies. While the Vatican still has its walls, he goes around clamoring for all walls to be demolished. Do you wonder what they're hiding behind those walls? If you get a chance read "The Order" by Daniel Silva (a Jew). It was published last year.
See? I need an indulgence for my spelling 🙂 But yes I would love to get a peek behind the curtain.

Apr 12, 2021
From The Wanderer (a Traditional :) Catholic magazine)

This may have been written by a priest (?) maybe Fr Altman (not sure) whose words are in quotes. (My comments are in brackets).

“No one is entitled to an ‘opinion’ that endangers eternal souls. No one.

… Jesus warned ‘Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul’; rather be afraid of the one who can destroy both.. in Gehenna. In other words, be very much afraid of someone’s opinions that differ from Jesus who is the Way the Truth and the Life.

The author talks of synodalism by which the unity of truth is handed off to bishops in various geographical areas, creating relativism based on personal opinion. He gives the Winnipeg Statement as an example: 90 of 96 Canadian bishops published this, saying a Catholic, based on his/her opinion could choose to act outside of the unchanged/unchangeable directive against artificial birth control. This Statement said that if people have sincerely tried but failed to adhere to this directive from the Church “they may be safely assured that" the person “does so in good conscience.” The Wanderer author says rightly that this Statement bears false witness, that the authors of it are false shepherds. He says that the very word Artificial (as opposed to created-by-God) tells us what we need to know.

“It is not from God” but from sinful man. Nobody… has the right to personal interpretation of a thing as [being] sin or not sin. The definition of sin is given to us by God… alone."

Another example: John Kerry when he was running for president 2004. The question came up whether priests could give Communion to a “notorious proponent of the slaughter of innocents in the womb [Kerry]…" As then-head of The Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith Cardinal Ratzinger (future pope Benedict XVI) wrote… ‘[N]o one shall give Holy Communion to politicians holding views like Kerry’s.'”

Fake-priest McCarrick misrepresented the truth of the letter from Ratzinger saying that the decision is up to each individual bishop [there are 195 dioceses in the US]. The author calls them false witnesses/liars. “What is true in any of the 195 dioceses is true in all…” [Gee, do ha think?]

The author mentions the situation in South Carolina where a priest denied Biden Communion and his bishop stood behind him, while [fake Catholic] Wilton Gregory in DC chose to give Biden Communion.

“Both sides cannot be right,” the author reminds us. “No bishop… may change the unchanged/unchangeable Truth…”
One of the most powerful, wealthiest, most popular, smallest, most exclusive, most perverted, most corrupt countries (sovereign city/states) in the world is Vatican City and its Holy See. There are many decent and true followers of Christ in their pulpits and pews, but they weild little to no power to effectuate change/repentance. Pray for those caught in that web that love our Savior and Lord Jesus. 🙏