Pro Jesus, Anti Religion (video)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kyouken

Saw this on facebook today :)

R

rixmohay

Interesting!!! I heard that before and see lots of this attitude going on around me. I tend to agree.

Mrdll

Jan 15, 2011
I love this line!
Religion is man searching for God, but Christianity is God searching for man.
So true! I did not find Jesus, He found me! I wasn't looking for Him, He was looking for me! Glad He knew exactly where I was :)
Great video, even greater poem :) Thanks for posting it :)

R

Relena7

Thanks for sharing that. =)

S

Siberian_Khatru

I was hesitant to post this, after reading some of the comments on youtube over the video. Many people seemed to either not understand the prose, or they were offended in some capacity.

I'm glad no one here (thus far) has any qualms with it. :)

Red_Tory

Jan 26, 2010
I think this video's blanket condemnation of religion is a foolish use of the term.

"I'm kneeling at the cross saying 'C'mon, there's room.'"

A collection of people sharing a common belief in a supernatural or divine event, namely Christ's sacrifice on the cross and the redemption of mankind? Oh wait, that's religion...

S

Siberian_Khatru

A collection of people sharing a common belief in a supernatural or divine event, namely Christ's sacrifice on the cross and the redemption of mankind? Oh wait, that's religion...
Not quite.

J

jimmydiggs

Because the 18-35 "gotta be hip and relevant" demographic says so.

And, if you define religion on biblical terms.

EDIT:

However, this much is so. "I think this video's blanket condemnation of religion is a foolish use of the term."

S

Siberian_Khatru

Simply put: I think that summarization is egregiously broad. But I really disdain debating, and I especially feel: to each their own.

Because the 18-35 "gotta be hip and relevant" demographic says so.
lolwut? Again, "not quite."

However, this much is so. "I think this video's blanket condemnation of religion is a foolish use of the term."
I agree on some level, here.