Problem in chat rooms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 1, 2012
I am in the chat rooms regularly and a lot of the time I see people disregarding the fact that someone has joined the chat rooms and said 'hi'.

It has happened to me a lot. It even happened to me in the teen chat room a few minutes ago. I know that I am not the only person it has happened to. Just so no one accuses me of overlooking that.

I don't like it. You should be talking to everyone. Making them feel welcome. I just don't see that in the chat rooms.

All my friends on CC come online during the night and in the morning (GMT) and I would like to talk to others. I can't do that because people are talking to their friends and not bothering to welcome someone to the room and engage in a good conversation with them.

People should engage with others in the chat rooms, not just their friends. But not just a simple; "Hi. How are you? Fine thanks. How are you? Good thanks", but a long conversation. Get to know them. Find out if there is anything you have in common.

I say again, I am not the only person this has happened to. I don't want people lecturing me about something that I have already stated twice.

Please acknowledge this and act on it in a way you see fit.

With love. GBU

May 28, 2012
This rant wont get you anything. I complained about this too and you are lucky if you even get an answer.
Sorry

R

rauleetoe

I am in the chat rooms regularly and a lot of the time I see people disregarding the fact that someone has joined the chat rooms and said 'hi'.

It has happened to me a lot. It even happened to me in the teen chat room a few minutes ago. I know that I am not the only person it has happened to. Just so no one accuses me of overlooking that.

I don't like it. You should be talking to everyone. Making them feel welcome. I just don't see that in the chat rooms.

All my friends on CC come online during the night and in the morning (GMT) and I would like to talk to others. I can't do that because people are talking to their friends and not bothering to welcome someone to the room and engage in a good conversation with them.

People should engage with others in the chat rooms, not just their friends. But not just a simple; "Hi. How are you? Fine thanks. How are you? Good thanks", but a long conversation. Get to know them. Find out if there is anything you have in common.

I say again, I am not the only person this has happened to. I don't want people lecturing me about something that I have already stated twice.

With love. GBU
I hear what you are saying..i do my best to acknowledge others i see on the chatroom. I would want the same consideration..
Unfortunately..not every christian has arrived there..some are still very selfish..cliquish..and honestly i want to believe that some people just don't take notice and i truly want to believe that they didn't mean to ignore anyone or they didn't see the person, or got caught up in talking or posting on the chatroom. I also have seen some people i was about to welcome who jump into a chatroom and right when i am about to say hi to them..and welcome to CC, they leave the room. It happens often..
I have to say, i believe many in the church today deal with rejection..its a very real thing.
Rejection by peers in school,work..by other christians, especially the minute you mess up maybe the church notices, or christians notice and the calls stop, the invitations cease..the fellowship runs dry.
I cannot be held accountable for what others do, but i do try to make each person on CC whom i see welcome and a part. It starts with each one of us doing what we can to love our neighbor...who is my neighbor? Everyone..the non christian in your class..that judgemental christian in your church, your pastor..your father and mother..
everyone..So i encourage you as it seems like you have a passion for others as i do..do what you can, if someone has rejected you..i am sorry it happened..It has happened to me as well!
Just keep on..there are good folks here on CC, albeit we are an imperfect bunch and would rather it be that way..it means a messup like me is suitable here.

Last edited:
U

Ugly

I've been on this site a little over a year. I've made posts on this, seen others make posts on it. I've brought it up IN chat.. and seen lots of others bring it up in chat. Nothing changes. Fact is the people dominating the room just don't care about people outside their clique.

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
The problem is also the mini-cam windows and live mics. People who are "live on the air" tend to dominate the situation, and everyone else is a spectator bored out of his/her mind.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

With love. GBU
I can relate to you as this has happened to me too. I do want to make one suggestion though. I have noticed that if I show myself friendly by initiating the conversation with someone in the chat room. They are most likely to respond to me unless they just presume think that I am some weirdo trying to get something from them. I mean, hey can you really blame them? I mean the way this world has become so perverted and just filthy. It is not wonder that most of the CC Members don't even want to be Instant Messaged in the room; for they fear it will be a creeper that's stalking them. But just try to be more friendly and try initiating the conversations in their first. Sometimes, that's what it takes to get at least one of them to recognize and acknowledge you. And yes, sometimes there are those who just want to stick with their own groups and the few friends which they already have. And if it has to be like that, then so be it.

I must also say though that it doesn't really bother me whether or not they pay me any mind because most of them hardly ever talk about the heavy issues like an eternal Hell and Lake of Fire, the falling away and apostasy that taking place in these last days.

And a lot of times, they fail to cover other important subjects like the Second Coming of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The Rapture of the Body of Christ, also known as the catching up of the Saints.

Usually most of the talk is about some music band, or what this person likes to do, or whatever else the current them is. So, I do not spend too much time in the chat rooms anymore. I rather stay in the Discussion Forums and view the different threads. Since that's where you have to go to see these important subjects being addressed.

May 28, 2012
Its chat, what can anyone get, except annoyed.

May 28, 2012
also, the forums are just as bad as the chats. People are just rude and mean and dumb as they are in chat.
Some people live and breath being mean to others. They behave like spoiled brats, making remarks calculated
to destroy others feelings.

O

OFM

i agree that happens sometimes and it should not ever happen at all ever come on every 1 we are much very alot better than this...

Mar 1, 2012
I can relate to you as this has happened to me too. I do want to make one suggestion though. I have noticed that if I show myself friendly by initiating the conversation with someone in the chat room. They are most likely to respond to me unless they just presume think that I am some weirdo trying to get something from them. I mean, hey can you really blame them? I mean the way this world has become so perverted and just filthy. It is not wonder that most of the CC Members don't even want to be Instant Messaged in the room; for they fear it will be a creeper that's stalking them. But just try to be more friendly and try initiating the conversations in their first. Sometimes, that's what it takes to get at least one of them to recognize and acknowledge you. And yes, sometimes there are those who just want to stick with their own groups and the few friends which they already have. And if it has to be like that, then so be it.
I have been going into chat rooms starting with a simple 'hi'. I see that as a friendly start to a conversation.

U

Ugly

I have been going into chat rooms starting with a simple 'hi'. I see that as a friendly start to a conversation.
Well, if all you're saying is 'hi' that is not enough in a room full of people talking. How is anyone to know that you're not talking to someone specific? People may not be aware that 'hi' is meant for everyone. You need to word it in a way that lets people knew 'i just came in and am greeting you all'. Something like 'hi room.. whats going on in here?'. Probably still be ignored often, but less often. But at least that way you're alerting everyone that you're talking to them.

Mar 1, 2012
Well, if all you're saying is 'hi' that is not enough in a room full of people talking. How is anyone to know that you're not talking to someone specific? People may not be aware that 'hi' is meant for everyone. You need to word it in a way that lets people knew 'i just came in and am greeting you all'. Something like 'hi room.. whats going on in here?'. Probably still be ignored often, but less often. But at least that way you're alerting everyone that you're talking to them.
At times, I've said 'hi room'. I was ignored then too. The only room that I have noticed that someone says 'hi' to me before I even get a chance to type 1 letter or replies to my greeting is the YouTube room. But that only happens when certain people are in the room.

A

AdorableNoel

I guess I've been comepletely oblivious because i didn't realize this was happening :( :(
Maybe .... so.. this is just a suggestion, but how about the people who feel this way just be as openly friendly as possible. "Spill over" on that lovin' and when others see how you're saying "hi" and welcoming people they'll want to do the same. Lead and they'll follow kind of thing.
I dont want to be rude, but complaining about it isn't going to help. If people didn't care first hand, then they're still not going to care. But the love of Jesus changes people, so show His love and i'll bet ya it'll make a difference..
If you get what I'm saying..?

Just "food for thought". haha
God Bless! <3

Mar 1, 2012
I guess I've been comepletely oblivious because i didn't realize this was happening :( :(
Maybe .... so.. this is just a suggestion, but how about the people who feel this way just be as openly friendly as possible. "Spill over" on that lovin' and when others see how you're saying "hi" and welcoming people they'll want to do the same. Lead and they'll follow kind of thing.
I dont want to be rude, but complaining about it isn't going to help. If people didn't care first hand, then they're still not going to care. But the love of Jesus changes people, so show His love and i'll bet ya it'll make a difference..
If you get what I'm saying..?

Just "food for thought". haha
God Bless! <3
Yeah I get it. Thanks Noel.

With love. GBU.

W

wwjd_kilden

This is the exact reason why I never enter chat. I've been there a total of four times after the forums started. The only time I got ANY response, even after writing several lines to show I took interest in the topic, was when Alayna was there (I know her outside CC).

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

Oh yeah, that usually works TomB. In fact, that same concept works in real life beyond the virtual world lol.

Just walk by any stranger on the street or in the store and as you walk by them and look their way, just give them a nice and genuine smile and just as you are about to say hello, you'll see their guard begin to drop as they begin to smile back at you. It's Scriptural. A man that hath many friends must shew himself friendly.