Problems with IE 9?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AnnieSwe

Jul 1, 2009
I have a totally new computer with Internet Explorer 9 installed. Every other webpage I've visited works, but I can't get in to christian chat. The chatsite starts, and I can see all thechatters there inlfor about 3 seconds, and then it says a problem has occured and the Windows IE will close. ( I don't know if I use the right terms in English now). Doesn't CC support IE 9? Or what can be wrong?

I haven't tried another browser yet. I hope the latest version of Google Chrome will work! Does anyone use chrome?

S

Siberian_Khatru

I've used all the browsers, and they all (theoretically) work. Each one seems to have it's own set of problems.

I wish I could tell you to download Windows updates to ensure IE9 is all up to date, but the updates from 12/11 have actually been causing some issues for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. So! You are welcome to try the IE10 release for Windows 7; it's identical to 9 (but it's sort of a preview, so you might run into minor bugs with it). Or, go forth with a new browser. :)

AnnieSwe

Jul 1, 2009
Thans for your reply.
Google Chrome works fine and that is good enough for me :)

A

Anonimous

Thans for your reply.
Google Chrome works fine and that is good enough for me :)
Is google chrome something different than like IE? I've been running really slow since updating from IE8 awhile ago.

U

Ugly

Google Chrome is another browser. IE is a browser put out by Microsoft, and, of course Chrome is put out by Google.
There are number of available browers available to choose from. Firefox, made by Mozilla, is another popular one. There are way too many to name, though, but those 3 are probably the biggest.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Oh boy... Opera is moving to WebKit... I will never use another browser as long as I live, as long as Opera keeps it's feature set when it transitions to the new engine. :D