profile picture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I've tried several times to add a pic to my profile, but it won't let me. Whatt's going on?

L

libertygirl

IDK. I'm guessing the photo is too big? Try reducing the size and see if that works.

J

Jordache

It's from my iPhone. I've never ever gotten far enough for an error messaage before except for the last time I did it. The error said my picture was the wrong file format. I don't even know what format my pictures are in or how to reformat them.

W

wwjd_kilden

I know very little about cell phones, but they do tend to use strange formats.

Go to the about/info/ details ...whatever it says on the phone to see info about the picture and see what the format is,
if you have a photo editor on the phone then perhaps there is an option to use a different format. I think that one still mostly has to do that on a computer though.

U

Ugly

Perhaps list your phone type so someone might be able to figure out the format type.

You'll likely need some kind of photo manipulation software. Off hand i don't know of any cheap or free ones, but i think there are some free ones online. Not sure if they convert photos. It will probably be easier once people know the format of the pictures. Again, try telling your phone type.

W

wwjd_kilden

Photo editing software: GIMP is free, and I think (though I am not sure) that it can convert formats

O

OFM

photo size i think...

T

Tintin

I have the same issue but the image I want for my profile picture is already small. I linked it from my PhotoBucket (image gallery) account. Still, no dice.

S

Siberian_Khatru

You can see your picture format by going to "Details". On the iPhone, I believe it's the 3 or 4 horizontal bars near the top of the picture. I have an Android phone, so I'm not as keen on the iOS, but there is definitely a way to view the details of the pic, such as the time stamp (date it was created/last modified), file size, resolution, and format. :)

I don't know that GIMP is available in the app store, but it won't hurt to take a look. GIMP is more powerful than what you would need to change a simple file format though. You can edit the file type very simply by changing the characters that proceed the "." after the file name.

Ex: Change "avatar.png" to "avatar.jpg". :)

T

Tintin

I'm just using a PC at the moment.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I'm just using a PC at the moment.
I was initially responding to the OP. You cannot enlarge the picture if it's a low resolution without distorting it, unfortunately. To change the file name, you will need to enable "show names for known file types" and then change the last few letters after the '.' in the name (refer to the example in my previous post).