prophecies in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcap

As most of you probably know,I am new to the Christian community and am trying to learn everything I can.I have seen on some other sites that there are prophecies in the OT that have been fulfilled but not the way that was seen by the prophet.Some have to do with Ezekiel,not sure which ones.
I have heard John Hagee say that all the prophecies have been fulfilled and that God could come at any time.Others say there are still prophecies that are not fulfilled.Does anyone have any insight as far as if there is any truth that OT prophets were wrong?Are all the prophecies fulfilled?Please have patience with me,I know I ask alot of questions.

Jan 31, 2009
Mr 13:4Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?Mr 13:5And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:Mr 13:6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.Mr 13:7And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.Mr 13:8For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.Mr 13:9But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.Mr 13:10And the gospel must first be published among all nations.Mr 13:11But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.Mr 13:12Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.Mr 13:13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.Mr 13:14But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:Mr 13:15And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:Mr 13:16And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.Mr 13:17But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!Mr 13:18And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.Mr 13:19For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.Mr 13:20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

I don't really know alot about prophecy concerning the end times, I listen the some of the ones that do know, though, and most agree that all have been fulfilled but there is one that I am not sure, if it has been fulfilled or not , if not with the help of the inter-net we are probably not far from it being fulfilled, I have highlighted the Verse in purple in the above scriptures

M

MaggieMye

Scripture does not say that the Gospel will be PUBLISHED among all nations, it says that it will be PREACHED...and this has not yet been done.
Prophecies not yet fulfilled include the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem; !/4 of man not destroyed...and the rest of Rev. 9; the Anti-Christ has not been revealed...and I'm sure I missed two or a few.
Maggie

A

ashieldoffaith

Not all prophecies have been fulfilled or we would not be here today. Mark 13:31 says Heaven and earth will pass away

Mark 13:8 Jesus tells His disciples that the things that are coming - the wars, the rumors of wars are only the beginning of the birth pangs, but there is more yet to come. He specifically states that He is telling them these things in advance so they would be on alert and not be lead astray. He warns them because no one, not even Himself knows when God says it is the appointed time(Mark 13:32)

But the time is near, but only God alone knows when.

K

KingdomGeneration

As most of you probably know,I am new to the Christian community and am trying to learn everything I can.I have seen on some other sites that there are prophecies in the OT that have been fulfilled but not the way that was seen by the prophet.Some have to do with Ezekiel,not sure which ones.
I have heard John Hagee say that all the prophecies have been fulfilled and that God could come at any time.Others say there are still prophecies that are not fulfilled.Does anyone have any insight as far as if there is any truth that OT prophets were wrong?Are all the prophecies fulfilled?Please have patience with me,I know I ask alot of questions.
Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Revelation are where most unfulfilled prophecy can be found. The Book of Joel, chapters 2 & 3 which deal with the rebirth of the nation of Israel and how God is going to deal with those who pressure Israel to divide her Land, is especially interesting seeing as many of his prophecies are coming in true in our lifetime, right before our very eyes.

A

ashieldoffaith

That is because the time is nearer than most people realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.