Protestant nun?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 16, 2013
I am really considering becoming a nun. One problem though.... I'm protestant. What all to Catholics believe differently? Would I b wrong to convert?
I once was very entranced with Catholic system. I saw the robes and the apparent long system of tradition. I thought "This looks mostly like the Church of Christ!" Do not let it fool you, it is only superficial. It is like, as Christ said, white-washed tombs that look beautiful from the outside but inside are full of dead men's bones and all sorts of uncleanness. They practice flagrant idolatry and believe in a works based salvation (You have got to earn your way to heaven...faith/grace is not enough). Their bishops and popes are the modern day equivalent of the Pharisees that you read about in the Bible.

I once wanted to join a monastery. Consider this: You should not require a physical separation from the world to not participate in its lusts and to live a Christ-filled life. The apostles were men who were in the world but were not of it. They were uncompromising while still, in many instances, surrounded by evil men and women. You should also not require a rigid set of rules to perform your Christian duty. Following in the footsteps of Christ is a narrow and incredibly difficult path already.

Your duty, regardless of ministerial position, is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to live a Christ filled life. Remember this, my friend.