Protesters arrested after praying outside Morrison's office

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
[h=1]A number of people have been arrested after holding a prayer vigil in protest against the government's asylum seeker policy outside the Sydney office of Immigration Minister Scott Morrison.[/h]Mr Anslow said the protest was not intended to target Mr Morrision in a negative way.
“We were praying also for Mr Morrison, not in a way that was condemning or judgemental," he said.
"We were actually praying that Mr Morrison might have a change of heart. In his maiden speech for Federal Parliament, Mr Morrison gave a really amazing outline of his vision that included justice and compassion for vulnerable people… For us, we were hoping Mr Morrision might have a change of heart and join us.”
A spokesperson from NSW Police confirmed arrests had been made, but could not provide the number of people or charges.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/21/protesters-arrested-after-praying-morrisons-office

The US is not the only country that is losing its way.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
And to think in Canada we still have Mayor Prayer Breakfasts, and city halls have a weekly prayer meeting. Of course, the province is a little less flexible and the national capital probably less. But it is still good to know people are encouraged to pray for our country, inside the city halls, and with the leaders.

Considering we are supposed to be a left wing, and less religious country than the US, (not Australia), I am glad to be a Canadian. I played at a Mayor's breakfast two years ago, where the coach of the local pro football team gave his testimony. It was extremely well done, and the breakfast was filled to overflowing.

Praise God we still are allowed to pray in public in Canada, especially for our elected officials.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Angela, it is same all over the Commonwealth, prayers are held in Australia prior to various government meetings.

The group are not being arrested for praying or for being Christians, they are being arrested for protesting on private property, causing and obstruction and are being charged for trespassing. Here is picture of them and yes they are causing an obstruction.

Ridiculous to try to make a story about this being anti-Christian, when its not.

o-AUSTRALIA-570.jpg

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
For me this is pro Christian. I think they are great. They are sticking up for the right of others and that is good.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
I've met a couple of these guys before, godly Christian men. One of them, Jarrod McKenna, has won peace awards and is well known as a speaker and activist.

But a couple of things to clarify:

They were arrested for trespassing, and not moving on when asked by police. They were not praying in a public place, but inside Morrison's ministerial office.

The minister for immigration, whose office they were praying in, is a Christian, albeit with policies that a great many people, including myself and those who were in this prayer group, disagree with, and believe are out of step with Christian principles.

The five people who were arrested (there were more than five in the group, but a couple stepped out when it became clear they were going to be arrested, ostensibly to act as spokespeople while the others were in lockup) are being charged, and will appear in local court as a result.