Psalm 133:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
This is a Psalm very dear to my heart. It said:

[COLOR="DarkRed"[B]]Behold and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity[/B].[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Teal"]Its dear to me because I long to see the church rise up in power; I believe that power is locked into the concept postulated in this Psalm what do you think?[/COLOR]

A

AnandaHya

AHHH such a tease.

one verse?? now I have to look up the rest of the psalm myself ;)

Psalm 133

A Song of Ascents. Of David.

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the LORD commanded the blessing—
Life forevermore.

I've read about the Oil and Aaron and the Mount of Zion, but what is the dew of Hermon? mmmm research time....

A

AnandaHya

here is a lovely article....

"The dew of Hermon"

""The dew of Hermon"

Psalm 133.

C. H. Mackintosh.

The expression "the dew of Hermon" has, it seems, long proved "a geographical puzzle" to some. But to one who has the mind of Christ it is no puzzle, but a most striking and beautiful figure. Hermon is the very loftiest peak in all the land of Palestine, and from its snowy cap, when all the surrounding country is parched, the refreshing dew descends upon the mountains of Zion; and this is one of the figures used by the Holy Ghost to illustrate the beauty and pleasantness of brethren dwelling together in unity.....

This, beloved Christian reader, be assured of it, is the grand secret of getting on together. If brethren are to dwell together in unity, they must have the "ointment" and the "dew" dropping continually upon them. They must live close to Christ, and be occupied with Him, so that they may show forth His virtues, and reflect His blessed image.

Then, what joy to be enabled, in any little measure, to refresh the heart of God! He delights to see His children walking in love. It is He who says, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Surely this ought to stir our hearts to seek in every possible way to promote this lovely unity. It should lead us to sink self and all its belongings, to surrender everything that might tend in any measure to alienate our hearts from Christ, or from one another. The Holy Ghost exhorts us to "endeavour" to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." Let us remember this. It is the unity of the Spirit, not the unity of the body, we are to keep in the uniting bond of peace. This will cost us something. The word "endeavouring" shows that it cannot be done without sacrifice. But the One who so graciously exhorts us to the service will ever supply the needed grace. The ointment and the dew will flow down from Him in refreshing power, knitting our hearts together in holy love, and enabling us to deny ourselves, and surrender everything which might tend to hinder that true unity which we are imperatively called upon to maintain."

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
Wow...thanks for sharing that.. Isn't it beautiful!!! Sigh.... we are so far from it....but by His grace

If only we reverenced God enough to prioritise His principles and practices above our own, we would see His Glory in much greater dimensions

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
There is a power in being in one accord.... Its the atmosphere that brings God down. It what invited the Holy Spirit in the Book of Acts...

I dare say it is also that oneness that brought Him down in Genesis when men came together to build the Babel Tower....That Oneness even though they were not following Him, He had to come down and get a close up ...Their unity had so much power the He said

now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.

So to stop them He confused their language

Let us look to our Lord a d Saviour that we may establish one purpose which is to please Him