PSALM 40

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
PSALM 40
(prophesy of Christ)

Psalm 40 is a curious Psalm in which David reflects on what God did for him, and prophesies of the coming Christ.
Just in the first 6 verses, David speaks of what God did to save him, and begins to reveal how the Law (First Covenant) and it's requirements are to pass away (vs. 6 speaking of offerings by man not required for the forgiveness of sin).

Then, beginning in vs. 7, David prophesies of Christ. "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,"
Remember what Christ said in John 5:39: “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

In the continuing verses, David speaks of Christ and His ministry, and His obedience to Gods will, and His purpose for taking upon Himself the form of man and coming to earth.

Verse 8 (in my opinion) opens the door to the New Covenants coming: "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."

Remember this? Hebrews 10:16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

David weaves his personal experiences with God into a fine cloth with his prophesies of the coming Christ, and the New Covenant!
Psalm 40 is a wonderful peek into the glory of Scripture, and why it is so beneficial to read ALL of Scripture!

Verse 16 is a wonderful way to sum up how we should view God, His love and saving grace, and our walk with Him!
"Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."

God bless and keep you and yours......

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Interesting comment/interpretation on Psalm 40.
- Words of encouragement..
---
Psalm 40 is one of my favorite Psalms.

Blessings,

Mar 28, 2016
PSALM 40
(prophesy of Christ)

Psalm 40 is a curious Psalm in which David reflects on what God did for him, and prophesies of the coming Christ.
Just in the first 6 verses, David speaks of what God did to save him, and begins to reveal how the Law (First Covenant) and it's requirements are to pass away (vs. 6 speaking of offerings by man not required for the forgiveness of sin).

Then, beginning in vs. 7, David prophesies of Christ. "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,"
Remember what Christ said in John 5:39: “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”

In the continuing verses, David speaks of Christ and His ministry, and His obedience to Gods will, and His purpose for taking upon Himself the form of man and coming to earth.

Verse 8 (in my opinion) opens the door to the New Covenants coming: "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."

Remember this? Hebrews 10:16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

David weaves his personal experiences with God into a fine cloth with his prophesies of the coming Christ, and the New Covenant!
Psalm 40 is a wonderful peek into the glory of Scripture, and why it is so beneficial to read ALL of Scripture!

Verse 16 is a wonderful way to sum up how we should view God, His love and saving grace, and our walk with Him!
"Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."

God bless and keep you and yours......
Thanks. The gospel in the old testament. Great point in regard to verse 7.

I would offer. Previously before the hearing of David's new faith that did perform the first works in David. . . . creating a new heart, by which David could believe God, not seen .

David like all of mankind was not familiar with the kind of food the disciples knew not of. That which is needed do the will of the father not seen. Jesus our example said ; my food is to do the will of the father and finish it.

Revelation 2 refers to that kind of food as the hidden manna .(What is it?)

It worked in the Son of man, Jesus just as with us according to Philippians 2:12. His righteousness according to Christ three day labor of love. Imputed to us.

It is that in which we are drawn to when we hunger for a righteousness not of our own self. The food that draws us to repent when we do deny Him of his place

David was given a new desire coming from the father. Verse 8 "I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
David like all of mankind was not familiar with the kind of food the disciples knew not of. That which is needed do the will of the father not seen. Jesus our example said ; my food is to do the will of the father and finish it.
Good thoughts..........and, it serves as an example for those of us who believe on Him, the one we have not seen.

John 17:20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

John 20:29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.