Putin Antichrist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2014
Bringing this full circle, we have much to fear from Putin I believe. He may talk nice, but the gentlemen he associates with like Alexander Dugin tells me that there is a wider ideological agenda Putin is seeking to build.
what agenda is he building and what does Alexander Dugin have to do with it.
I read a little on that person.

M

MarkMulder

putin antichrist..:D

Putin is more of christian than Obama EVER will be,
I wouldn't be surprised if in fact Obama is the antichrist.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
what agenda is he building and what does Alexander Dugin have to do with it.
I read a little on that person.
Dugin is more or less Putin's in-house mystic. Sort of a latter-day combination of Rasputin and Kissinger. Dugin has had an idea for a long time: combine the "best" aspects of communism, nazism, fascism, traditionalism, and ecologism. Wrap them all up in a new package that binds Eurasia together, and slap the West.

Mind you, the "best" aspects happen to be the most brutal. Dugin has been a long-time supporter of historical crimes against the Russian people like the Waffen SS's actions in the USSR as long as they serve his ideological system well.

Putin mourns the death of the Soviet Union and wants to bring it back. Unlike many charismatic leaders, he himself really doesn't have an ideology beyond hardcore nationalism and nostalgia for global power being wielded by Moscow. If you examine his policies and rhetoric closely he has had a dialogue with the Russian people: he wants to find an idea will galvanize them into political action so as to make Russia great again.

The trouble is that Putin has an ideological vacuum and he has been a friend of Dugin's. Dugin and Putin also share many of the same associates. I fear that Putin has found his new ideology in National Bolshevism. He's just trial testing to see what aspects are most compatible with the views and ambitions of the Russian people.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Putin is more of christian than Obama EVER will be,
I wouldn't be surprised if in fact Obama is the antichrist.
You're deceived. They're both equally Christian. Which is to say Putin is certainly not a brother in Christ. He is the worst possible kind of human being: the sort that claims to hold to the cross in form only, but remains poised to commit atrocities.

People like him cannot poison the Gospel, but they come close to it.

Mar 5, 2014
Dugin is more or less Putin's in-house mystic. Sort of a latter-day combination of Rasputin and Kissinger. Dugin has had an idea for a long time: combine the "best" aspects of communism, nazism, fascism, traditionalism, and ecologism. Wrap them all up in a new package that binds Eurasia together, and slap the West.

Mind you, the "best" aspects happen to be the most brutal. Dugin has been a long-time supporter of historical crimes against the Russian people like the Waffen SS's actions in the USSR as long as they serve his ideological system well.

Putin mourns the death of the Soviet Union and wants to bring it back. Unlike many charismatic leaders, he himself really doesn't have an ideology beyond hardcore nationalism and nostalgia for global power being wielded by Moscow. If you examine his policies and rhetoric closely he has had a dialogue with the Russian people: he wants to find an idea will galvanize them into political action so as to make Russia great again.

The trouble is that Putin has an ideological vacuum and he has been a friend of Dugin's. Dugin and Putin also share many of the same associates. I fear that Putin has found his new ideology in National Bolshevism. He's just trial testing to see what aspects are most compatible with the views and ambitions of the Russian people.
that all sounds right.
but what current world leader isn't working toward or at least surrounded by people with some form of that ideology or machiavellian something. i see no difference. just that putin could do or say something or endorse swomething christians would believe.
i thought east and west were always meant to merge.
idk. too complicated.
good post though. thx.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2014
You're deceived. They're both equally Christian. Which is to say Putin is certainly not a brother in Christ. He is the worst possible kind of human being: the sort that claims to hold to the cross in form only, but remains poised to commit atrocities.

could obama be the antichrist?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
that all sounds right.
but what current world leader isn't working toward or at least surrounded by people with some form of that ideology or machiavellian something. i see no difference. just that putin could do or say something or endorse swomething christians would believe.
i thought east and west were always meant to merge.
idk. too complicated.
good post though. thx.
I just find Putin especially scary because he courts people who openly state that a Communism and Fascism were good things that ought to be merged. Totalitarianism for the sake of totalitarianism. Very blatant.

You're right though, many world leaders are similar.

could obama be the antichrist?
I think that would require a level of international respect he doesn't have.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
The Antichrist is the person who invented Marmite.

M

MarkMulder

I'm sure most people won't agree with you on that one,
most of them being your fellow americans.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
Well theres more propaganda stating obama is the anti christ than putin *doesnt help that people think obama is a muslim*, so people will believe obama is. lol

raf

Sep 26, 2009
I think the figure stands at 6 million Jews killed. But I've heard there were even more people killed by Stalin.
He didnt only kill 6 million jews but millions of slavs in eastern and central europe, gypsies, handicapped people, plenty of prisoners.

P

PeterPolitik

why is putin in the news everyday and seems to be outdoing the US in everything?
shouldn't the US just have followed through in Syria? sooner or later we have to make that stand.
i hope the military is paying attention to what happens when we back down from meaning what we say.
and what is that? what happens when we back down from meaning what we say? we never mean what we say.
this country is ruled by liars and thieves. we get lied to and stolen from. what's news about that. putin's not the antichrist. he's the president of a federation. big deal.
antichrist is anyone who either denies that G-d's son is the christ, or says they believe he is but ignore what he said.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I believe the antichrist will be a pope. Millions of people around the world follow Catholicism and people practically worship the pope. Millions are being deceived by this gross perversion of christianity

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
How Many People Did Joseph Stalin Kill?

by Palash Ghosh

Joseph Stalin, who died 60 years ago in Moscow, was a small man -- no more than 5-foot-4. The abused son of a poor, alcoholic Georgian cobbler, Josef Vissarionovich Djughashvili (the future Stalin) also had a withered arm, a clubbed foot and a face scarred by small pox, but he stood very tall as one of history’s most prolific killers

Stalin’s extremely brutal 30-year rule as absolute ruler of the Soviet Union featured so many atrocities, including purges, expulsions, forced displacements, imprisonment in labor camps, manufactured famines, torture and good old-fashioned acts of mass murder and massacres (not to mention World War II) that the complete toll of bloodshed will likely never be known.

An amoral psychopath and paranoid with a gangster’s mentality, Stalin eliminated anyone and everyone who was a threat to his power – including (and especially) former allies. He had absolutely no regard for the sanctity of human life.

But how many people is he responsible for killing?

In February 1989, two years before the fall of the Soviet Union, a research paper by Georgian historian Roy Aleksandrovich Medvedev published in the weekly tabloid Argumenti i Fakti estimated that the death toll directly attributable to Stalin’s rule amounted to some 20 million lives (on top of the estimated 20 million Soviet troops and civilians who perished in the Second World War), for a total tally of 40 million.

''It's important that they published it, although the numbers themselves are horrible,'' Medvedev told the New York Times at the time.

''Those numbers include my father.''

Medevedev's grim bookkeeping included the following tragic episodes: 1 million imprisoned or exiled between 1927 to 1929; 9 to 11 million peasants forced off their lands and another 2 to 3 million peasants arrested or exiled in the mass collectivization program; 6 to 7 million killed by an artificial famine in 1932-1934; 1 million exiled from Moscow and Leningrad in 1935; 1 million executed during the ''Great Terror'' of 1937-1938; 4 to 6 million dispatched to forced labor camps; 10 to 12 million people forcibly relocated during World War II; and at least 1 million arrested for various “political crimes” from 1946 to 1953.

Although not everyone who was swept up in the aforementioned events died from unnatural causes, Medvedev’s 20 million non-combatant deaths estimate is likely a conservative guess.

Indeed, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, the literary giant who wrote harrowingly about the Soviet gulag system, claimed the true number of Stalin’s victims might have been as high as 60 million.

Most other estimates from reputed scholars and historians tend to range from between 20 and 60 million.

In his book, “Unnatural Deaths in the U.S.S.R.: 1928-1954,” I.G. Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million "unnatural deaths" during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin.

In “Europe A History,” British historian Norman Davies counted 50 million killed between 1924-53, excluding wartime casualties.

Alexander Nikolaevich Yakovlev, a Soviet politician and historian, estimated 35 million deaths.
Even some who have put out estimates based on research admit their calculations may be inadequate.
In his acclaimed book “The Great Terror: Stalin’s Purge of the Thirties,” Anglo-American historian Robert Conquest said: “We get a figure of 20 million dead [under Stalin], which is almost certainly too low and might require an increase of 50 percent or so.”

Quotes attributed to Stalin reflected his utter disregard for human life. Among other bons mots, he allegedly declared: “Death is the solution to all problems. No man -- no problem,” and “One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.”

Part of the problem with counting the total loss of life lies with the incompleteness and unreliability of Soviet records. A more troubling dilemma has to do with the fact that many some deaths – like starvation from famines – may or may not have been directly connected to Stalin’s policies.

In any case, if the figure of 60 million dead is accurate that would mean that an average of 2 million were killed during each year of Stalin’s horrific reign – or 40,000 every week (even during “peacetime”).

If the lower estimate of 20 million is the true number, that still translates into 1,830 deaths every single day.

Thus, Stalin’s regime represented a machinery of killing that history – excluding, perhaps, China under Chairman Mao Tse-Tung -- has never witnessed.

How Many People Did Joseph Stalin Kill?

I will also say that my father knew a lot about what happened in the Ukraine during Stalin's era and WWII (he had family there!) and it is known in the Ukraine that Stalin killed over 6 million Ukrainians in an attempt at genocide. People always talk about Hitler, but Stalin was so much worse, and most of it never heard of it in Western Countries. American should have entered the war sooner, and the allies should have acted on Hitler and the concentration camps, and not given Russia so much of the spoils.