Queen Elizabeth has passed away and now there is a new King in England.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont track speeches by politicians sorry.
Im not a journalist or newshound. I only read what interests me. Beside this thread is about royalty, not anything else. Some people have a hard time sticking to a topic I guess.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
King Charles hasnt really been in news of late, but there will probably be extensive coverage of his coronation.

I am not sure who the Archbishop of Canterbury is...But it might pay to find out...obviously important for Christian believers. I mean its like an official 'anointing' since a coronation is sort of modelled on biblical values.

Kings in the Bible had to be anointed before they could rule. I dont know if they actually wore their crowns all the time, but who could tell they were King back in the day if they werent wearing anything special?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
with the currency going the way it is (digital) seems like the coins and notes might not even have Charles head on them anymore.

lol

monarchy is a strange thing. Its like a beast. Now those that live in republics have pseudo royalty like...The Kardashians...why does everyone keep saying they are royalty anyway?

Surely you can have some poor royals. Relatively speaking. Also royals dont really need money since the poor give to them. Feudalism hasnt entirely died out in England.

Apr 3, 2023
I know Queen Elizabeth's passing was nearly a year ago, but I just saw this thread and gotta say, that's quite a wild theory you've got there! 🤯 I'm always up for some interesting reads, but that book title, ""The Antichrist and a Cup of Tea,"" sure is somethin' else! 🍵 Now, speaking of royalty and honoring the departed, I couldn't help but think of Companion Bronze Grave Markers. These elegant markers pay tribute to loved ones in a way that's truly befitting their memory. Who knows, maybe even the royals would dig 'em? 👑 Anyway, it's always intriguing to see how different events spark all kinds of theories and discussions.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what dont the royals all get buried or entombed inside Westminster abbey or something. Its all kept under lock and key or guarded by beefeaters in case anyone tries to steal their crown. I dont know if the Queeen was buried in her royal garb or what her body was wearing in her casket. Its all a bit morbid.

My sister stayed up all night to file past her casket but since it was closed she didnt get a good gawk. I thought the whole point of that was to prove that she was dead when people have viewings of dead bodies.

wasnt Stalin or was it Lenins dead body was put up for display in a mausolem forever? Madame Tussauds would make death masks to prove that their despots had truly died but they looked so lifelike that people mistook wax dummies for the real thing. I guess thats why people make statues to commemorate the dead. Isnt that just idolatry though.