Question about dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gcooldude

I recently met a girl off a dating site, who we have hung out a couple times and really like each other, not "officially" dating. The second time we hung out, this past Saturday, I met her family and hungout there as there is distance between us. I found out Monday that sometime during that day she communicated with someone on a dating site who happened to be my brother. My brother knows about her and what she looks like and didn't respond. I confronted her about this, I didn't let her I know how I found out and her excuse was were not dating. Whats your opinion on this? i'm the type of guy, even if i'm not dating the person but interested i'm not still out there searching.

J

Jullianna

I wouldn't be as concerned about the fact that she's still looking as I would be about the fact that it's your brother she's apparently interested in. I would be concerned that she might be using you to get to him....

Did she know you were brothers?? Just a thought...

But don't let a woman come between you and your brother. Brothers are harder to come by.

B

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

I think that's messed up. You can tell the difference between someone just hanging out as friends or them flirting with you to wear they actually like you or something. I think a lot of people use the excuse "we are not dating" just so they can look for other people....but, did you guys meet up just to 'hang out' or were you guys really interested in eachother?- thats the question, Also I think both of you guys should have found out a little bit more info about each other before meeting up.

G

gcooldude

I wouldn't be as concerned about the fact that she's still looking as I would be about the fact that it's your brother she's apparently interested in. I would be concerned that she might be using you to get to him....

Did she know you were brothers?? Just a thought...

But don't let a woman come between you and your brother. Brothers are harder to come by.
I don't recall telling her my brothers name and I don't think she knows its my brother. My brother would never do that and he would never take an interest in someone that I am interested in.

BLINDSIDE_CHIK, its messed up situation, and we have hungout a couple times and the first was just hanging out but by the second time she seemed very excited and wanted to see where things go. I've asked her where we stand and she is not ready to commit but wants to at some point. So I am very confused and wonder if its even worth it.

C

Chalice

Are you engaged or married already cause it sounds like your acting like it? If not don't worry about it. If you two did'nt become boyfriend and girlfriend before that and she just had you meet the folks. Women and men do like to show each other off to friends and family that's normal. That you caught her surfing a dating site is'nt bad if your friends even if you want more. Friendships can blossom into love over time I've seen it happen. Give her the benefit of the doubt and she'll know she can trust you that's a plus. Getting upset does'nt help.

J

Jullianna

I don't recall telling her my brothers name and I don't think she knows its my brother. My brother would never do that and he would never take an interest in someone that I am interested in.

My sisters wouldn't either. You are blessed! :)

G

gcooldude

Are you engaged or married already cause it sounds like your acting like it? If not don't worry about it. If you two did'nt become boyfriend and girlfriend before that and she just had you meet the folks. Women and men do like to show each other off to friends and family that's normal. That you caught her surfing a dating site is'nt bad if your friends even if you want more. Friendships can blossom into love over time I've seen it happen. Give her the benefit of the doubt and she'll know she can trust you that's a plus. Getting upset does'nt help.
Yeah I am going to give it a chance and just see what happens over time, where God takes this. You are right that being friends and her surfing a dating site isn't bad and getting upset didn't help.

Thanks everyone for your help

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I recently met a girl off a dating site, who we have hung out a couple times and really like each other, not "officially" dating. The second time we hung out, this past Saturday, I met her family and hungout there as there is distance between us. I found out Monday that sometime during that day she communicated with someone on a dating site who happened to be my brother. My brother knows about her and what she looks like and didn't respond. I confronted her about this, I didn't let her I know how I found out and her excuse was were not dating. Whats your opinion on this? i'm the type of guy, even if i'm not dating the person but interested i'm not still out there searching.

OHHHHH she sooo got BUSTED!!! Of all people to right..your brother... outrageous...

In all reality she has a point. Your not dating. Unless there is a said, we will not date other people, then really its kinda a free for all and both of you may do as you please.
However im with you on this one. If i really liked someone and he really liked me, i would be very confused as to why he would be trying to get with someone else.. .... My opinion... She stinks and you should leave her be. Why do you want to see someone whose gonna probably be seein you and everyone else...

jangel

May 12, 2010
I didn't see anything wrong with what the girl did.
Don't take it as a big deal just because she communicated with someone on a dating site and whether she knew it or not that he's your brother,I don't think there's an issue with that.

The fact is,she's not your girlfriend,not officially dating, and even if you feel that you like each other,you've been hanging out couple of times, still that doesn't change the fact that there's no commitment between the two of you so there's no reason for you to feel bad.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I would suggest making your intentions official. At least in some capacity because, if this sort of middle of nowhere-ville continues you might just fall into the sister box.

"Oh he's just a REALLY GOOD GUY FRIEND I met online." -this girl

If she doesn't feel threatened by you, she will hang out with you 24/7 but, that doesn't mean you are any closer to becoming special.