question about god

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Boomer2000

Confirmed fraud
Oct 31, 2014
when he gets angry does he punish us with real bad stuff? or maybe it is just me messing up doing bad stuff maybe im evil and this is his way of punishing me sorry it went from question to statement.

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
All have sinned, so all of us deserve punishment. But thanks to God's son we can avoid that punishment. No matter how often you mess up, you can get forgiveness from God, always. But able to be continuously forgive doesn't mean that we can take that forgiveness for granted. God loves you no matter what you do, He just hates the sin in you. He hates the sin not the sinner.

A

AgeofKnowledge

A common error people make is to blame God for what the devil and/or other people do to them. God loves you and wants you to succeed. The devil hates you and wants you to fail. People can go either way.

S

STLfan

Good answer from AgeofKnowledge.

God is in heaven and dwells in "unapproachable light"; He is not usually involved in the personal, daily activities of Christians but instead relies on Christ our intercessor and the Holy Spirit who indwells us when we are saved/justified/born again. God is not punishing you. Paul writes in Ephesians 6:12 that our problems come from "spiritual hosts of wickedness" as well as ourselves when we fall into the "sin that so easily besets us".

Study your Bible to know the will of God: it is His word; and pray; and keep good company. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
when he gets angry does he punish us with real bad stuff? or maybe it is just me messing up doing bad stuff maybe im evil and this is his way of punishing me sorry it went from question to statement.
God is slow to show his wrath on evil doers and at heart... he'd prefer that the wicked repent and live.

Psalm 103:8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.

Ezekiel 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Considering that context... you'd have to tick off God really bad and I don't know where that line is... but when people cross that line. Well, yes God may punish the wicked right here and now, today. I like to point out... why God caused the world wide flood.

Genesis 6:5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

God is really slow to anger when he waited until EVERY thought of the human heart was evil... I don't if I would have that much patience.

Also, I think bad things can happen to people that do evil.. because that's the consequences of evil. For example, if I lie a lot... and people start to notice... people will not trust me.

I hope this helps.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
Correction: About the flood... almost all human race that evil. Noah and his family, obviously weren't like that since they had a relationship with God.

P

Pilaa

I dont think God is punishing people. Sometimes things happen for a reason you dont understand yet. God is testing us. See the things that happen to you as a test for keeping faith in Him.