question about resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 16, 2013
in Philippians 3:20-21, it says that we will be resurrected with glorified bodies. So this means that we will have physical bodies. Does that mean we get to have normal human lives, marry, and raise families?
No,it does not mean that we will have life like this,but live out of sufferings,life if Christ,in presence with God.Our bodies will be same as Adam and Eve had before fall.It will be chloted at light,more spiritualy.
This is some very short summary of teaching of Holy Fathers.

Jan 19, 2013
That's kind of sounds a bit depressing to me. After all, Adam and Eve had that privilege. I am a 28 year old virgin male and I don't have any hopes of getting married so I feel torn about this now.
You do while you are above ground.

Jan 19, 2013
Will those raised to heavenly life eventually have glorified physical bodies there?
Phil. 3:20, 21: “The Lord Jesus Christ . . . will refashion our humiliated body to be conformed to his glorious body according to the operation of the power that he has.” (Does this mean that it is their body of flesh that will eventually be made glorious in the heavens? Or does it mean that, instead of having a lowly body of flesh, they will be clothed with a glorious spirit body when raised to heavenly life? Let the following scripture answer.)
1 Cor. 15:40, 42-44, 47-50: “There are heavenly bodies, and earthly bodies; but the glory of the heavenly bodies is one sort, and that of the earthly bodies is a different sort. So also is the resurrection of the dead. . . . It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. . . . The first man [Adam] is out of the earth and made of dust; the second man [Jesus Christ] is out of heaven. As the one made of dust is, so those made of dust are also; and as the heavenly one is, so those who are heavenly are also. And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we shall bear also the image of the heavenly one. However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom.”
You are using two words as the same which are not the same in the NT.

Therefore you make a statement not found in the NT: "they will be clothed with a spirit body."

In the NT, a spirit is an immaterial, non-physical, disembodied being.

In the NT, spiritual means of the Holy Spirit.

Paul never uses spiritual to mean immaterial spirit, nor vice versa.

When Paul states we will have spiritual bodies at the resurrection, he is not saying they are immaterial spirits.

He is using spiritual in contrast to our natural (sinful, weak, corruptible) physical bodies, which
at the resurrection will be spiritual (sinless/glorious, powerful, incorruptible) physical bodies.

Our resurrection bodies will be glorious (not sinful), powerful (not weak), incorruptible (not corruptible) physical bodies of the Holy Spirit.

(There is no allowance here for any mixing of the two sorts of bodies or the taking of a fleshly body to heaven.)
That is based in misunderstanding of Paul's meaning of "flesh and blood."

Flesh and blood is the natural (sinful, weak, corruptible) physical body.

Only the spiritual (sinless/glorious, powerful, incorruptible) physical body can enter heaven.

Jan 19, 2013
I will most likely die a virgin though. I don't want to be celibate because I am involuntarily single. I seriously felt like i died a little inside after realizing the facts about heaven and resurrection.

I feel like I can't win. I don't want to displease the lord but I also hate forced celibacy. I feel like I have no options even after death.

Do you know how awful it is to be alone and unloved? Not being able to feel that intimacy between husband and wife? I have never even kissed a girl or been on a date
My heart goes out to you.

But just because you haven't yet, doesn't mean you never will.

Pray earnestly to God for his complete provision for you in this,
and I will do the same.

I have no doubt that whatever his provision is, you will realize it within a few months.

Last edited: