Question about the resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

julianbacon

So i just read this in a book: The resurrection shows that the sacrifice was accepted by God.
Wanted to know if anyone knew whether that was Biblical or just someone's opinion??!

Nov 22, 2012
So i just read this in a book: The resurrection shows that the sacrifice was accepted by God.
Wanted to know if anyone knew whether that was Biblical or just someone's opinion??!

Which book u read?

A

Abiding

Acts 17:30–31
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,
because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he
has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

Romans 8:34
Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is
at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

Romans 6:4
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised
from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life

Romans 4:24–25
but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our
Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justi&#64257;cation <----------- yup see, His ressurrection proves His sacrifice was accepted

Romans 1:4
and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his
resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Last edited:
N

nathan3

I avoid ''mans'' books, when trying to find answers to God's word that should be found in God's word.... Dictionaries , concordances, Scholarly notes , and maybe a good Bible teacher. Archaeological documentaries , even secular history etc, . Most everything ells like commentaries ii avoid like its a plague .

Last edited:
T

Tintin

There's nothing wrong with using human resources to help you study God's Word. The issue is when those books start to supersede the message and revelation found in the Bible.

R

RachelBibleStudent

yes this biblical...abiding provided some verses already so i will just add one thing...

you can think about it this way...jesus died to overcome sin and death...if his sacrifice had not been enough to overcome death then he would have stayed dead... by jesus' resurrection we know that he overcame death by his sacrifice...

Dec 5, 2012
In Matthew 16:23 Jesus called Peter satan because this was not the will of the Father. Jesus death was needed and Jesus knew it. I believe this verse has much weight knowing that this was the will of God the Father and not of men or Jesus.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I avoid ''mans'' books, when trying to find answers to God's word that should be found in God's word.... Dictionaries , concordances, Scholarly notes , and maybe a good Bible teacher. Archaeological documentaries , even secular history etc, . Most everything ells like commentaries ii avoid like its a plague .
what's worse is looking to forums.

G

godsron

I usually avoid other books too. The only only only infallible book is the bible. Scripture says to let God be true and every man a liar. If we are hearing or reading something new about the bible we are supposed to assume the possibility that it is wrong until we can compare it to God's word. As pertaining to the resurrection question. That statement seems to make sense but like I said it needs to be compared to scripture. God only accepts perfect sacrifices. That's why throughout the whole bible any sacrifice had to be without spot or blemish. Jesus was the best sacrifice of them all because he knew no sin...literally he never sinned so he was perfectly perfect.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus was born a life-giving Spirit from the Holy Spirit Mary as a virgin was impregnated therefore Christ the Messiah was born a life-giving Spirit. and noone except Christ was able to be perfect, but now through Christ the ressurrection we are by the Father receiving one at a time this life in the Spirit of God through the Holy Ghost