Question about this Video game Good or Bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Heriberto777

Is playing a WW2 war video game good or bad, I want to see peoples opinions.

Jul 24, 2010
Depends on the game and what you mean by good or bad. If you mean bad as in "is it a sin?" good luck getting a solid answer because you will get arguments from both sides of the violent video games spectrum (strong ones at that). If you're asking however on the over all quality and enjoyability (yeah I just made up a word) of the games, then again, it depends on the game.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I personally don't condone nor decry FPS games. They're typically pretty graphic (that goes for games that are not FPS genre as well).

If you feel torn, there's probably a good chance that your conscience - or the Spirit - is trying to tell you something.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
From Romans 14:
14I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

23But he who doubts is condemned if he (plays violent games), because his (gaming) is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

(Basically, if you think it's wrong, and you do it anyway, then it's a sin.)

WWII games vary a lot in their violence/language content, so I wouldn't say that the whole genre is ok/not ok.

I also think that some people might be predisposed to violent thoughts and feelings; perhaps those people wouldn't have as much leeway in the games they were "allowed" to play. So I think a specific game could be okay for one person and wrong for another. My advice would be to pay attention to what convicts you personally.

Jan 24, 2012
There is nothing bad about having fun with a video game. There is no real study that show that video games lead to violence.

Most shooter games I know are not graphic at all, just have fun/ don't forget to do your homework.

S

Siberian_Khatru

There is nothing bad about having fun with a video game. There is no real study that show that video games lead to violence.

Most shooter games I know are not graphic at all, just have fun/ don't forget to do your homework.

R

Relena7

Well for health reasons it's bad to play video games, because that means more hours of the day you spend sitting. :p

I'm not really one to talk though. I love the internets. :cool: