question: Can an unsaved person be baptized in the Holy Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
Amen!

That's why Isaiah wrote:
Isaiah 48:16 And now the LORD God, and his Spirit, has sent me
the Tanakh, makes it clearer:
“And now the Sovereign GOD has sent me, endowed with divine spirit.”

obviously, Divine Spirit, is the Spirit of God.

Jun 20, 2022
i guess i should not know these off hand like i do within 1 minute plus time, since FUNDI said, i don't know the Bible.

hmm, that must've been a lucky guess thinking about Isaiah 48, because Fundi would probably say, it can't be the Holy Spirit in me that led me to this immediately, because I imagine to him, i am not filled with God at all!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:;)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Simple: The Holy Spirit has been WITH people from the very beginning, but ONLY AFTER THE RESSURECTION could He be IN them as Jesus said (John 14:17). That's "how we say", what Jesus said.
I'm familiar with that explanation. I believe Jesus was speaking to degree, not possession.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
i guess i should not know these off hand like i do within 1 minute plus time, since I said, i don't know my Bible.

hmm, that must've been a lucky guess thinking about Isaiah 48, because I would probably say, it can't be the Holy Spirit in me that led me to this immediately, because I imagine to myself, i am not filled with God at all!
I edited your post for you 🙂

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
me being an idiot will NEVER apologize all to many times
Because I become angry with a spirit of stupor to back track, because I always think its NEVER happened me going of the rails that is when I sound off

Sincerity?
Is a genuine problem that's hindering a meaningful friendship with Jesus I'm struggling with.

the more I WHINE, just proves, I am on the Right about myself and I need to improve.
I edited this post for you to 🙂

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I'm saying ,

the Holy Spirit gives utterance?

I presented the Bible to myself concerning that God only MADE Male and Female,

and that SIN is responsible for these weird types of phenom.

To which I said, God's Word is never Wrong.

I said, Science is more intelligent than the Bible

[which would be the term I used - Word of God]

I do have to Condemn people ,

how i treat God's Holy Word is already Condemning me

I only apologized how I want to with no genuine meaning to stop doing the things I do

I will NEVER apologize to anyone genuinely because I who dismiss the Holy Word of God each time I do and I present myself
With issues I should be NICE to someone and not CONTINUALLY DESTROY the meaning of God's Holy Word.
It's so bad, I'm blocking my self from friendship because of it.
i, have no idea WHO GOD is when I'm like this
Therefore, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for me to think I should actually understand REPENTANCE.

This is NOT me talking but my stupidity
I hope , dont BURN IN HELL or anyone else
But I need help

10..I don't want to be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of torment goes up forever and ever, and I will have no rest, day or night

BTW, i should thank the lord for friendship and remember more often life is not about me me me I'm being brutally honest about the Condition I have ,BECAUSE, I've been in denial of Scripture alone, this more than enough, to set my own destination for ALL of ETERNITY! Please can you forgive me.
I've edited this for you to 🙂

Jun 20, 2022
Fundaamental,

Do YOU realize, we have a Posting History here?
I can pull up any of your posts at any given time to prove these things you did.
YOU, act like i cannot do that and YOUR secrets are hidden.
Just thought, since this is ALL about Honesty and Transparency, YOU might need to be aware that myself, or anyone else, can prove your lies any time we so choose to do.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I realize, i have a Posting History here
I can pull up any of posts to make them sound how I wAnt to at any given time to prove anything I want

I act like this, i cannot help it, and that's my secret and hidden dirty agenda,
I Just thought,
since this is ALL about Honesty and Transparency, i might need to be a Satan and find myself looking for fault from anyone, because I can never admit lies at any time I so choose to do so
I've edited this post for you you missed quite a bit of grammar out 🙂 tut tut.

Jun 20, 2022
I've edited this post for you you missed quite a bit of grammar out 🙂 tut tut.
Fundaamental said:
The gift of tounges is when the father speaks through you, from all my research.

It's the father who speaks in tounges.

Yes the holy spirit is in you. But it's the father who speaks through the holy spirit.

^
there's proof he thinks the Father, not the Holy Spirit, like the BIBLE claims, gives the Utterance to Speak in Tongues.

Also, in this SAME THREAD, he claims Speaking in Tongues is what brought Salvation in Book of Acts, to which CS1, set him straight, or tried to.

here's the other thing:

Fundamental said:
And the bible should advance to modern day times with it.

The_Watchers_2017 said:
the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible.
God wrote the Bible.
how much more advance should we get?

Jun 20, 2022
here, i found it again. just click on Fundi's Name: it goes to the actual post itself to prove i am not editing like he is doing to my posts.

Fundaamental said:

the whole post:
no your dismissing modern times, and in the case of hormonal defects which may well be proven to effect the mind soon.

Then there must be compassion for such person.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Fundaamental said:
The gift of tounges is when the father speaks through you, from all my research.

It's the father who speaks in tounges.

Yes the holy spirit is in you. But it's the father who speaks through the holy spirit.

^
there's proof i think I know what he's saying is the Father, not the Holy Spirit, like the BIBLE claims, gives the Utterance to Speak in Tongues.

Also, in this SAME THREAD, i claim hes saying Speaking in Tongues is what brought Salvation in Book of Acts, to which I'm now bringing another member cs1 into my argument so I get more people to approve my rubbish.

because I'm not going to mention all the other scripture fundi provided as to why he said what he said. Because I like to make people look fools and walk all over them

here's the other thing: I love to find text,

without posting all the proof someone provided befor and after

Fundamental said:
And the bible should advance to modern day times with it. But im missing out the part why he said this because I'm dirty that way

The_Watchers_2017 said:
the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible.
God wrote the Bible.
how much more advance should we get?
I've edited your post for you 😊

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
here, i found it again because I love to play mind games just click on Fundi's Name: it goes to the actual post itself to prove i am not editing like he is doing to my posts.

Fundaamental said:

the whole post of fundi
I'm dismissing anything fundi said about moving with modern times, and in the case of hormonal defects which may well be proven to effect the mind soon.

I'm leaving out the part that fundi said if science proofs this and cure a mind of hormonal defect will people be more considerate

Then there must be compassion for such person. Because never got chance to explain hope for healing is important

I've edited this post for you 😊

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Is any descent moderator going to remove this nasty person 🙂

Jun 20, 2022
nice add ins with your edit.
too bad, one click on your name, and they will ONLY SEE what you really posted, like I have copy/pasted.
:sneaky:

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I like to add nice add ins with with my posts
And it's too bad if I upset people , I love to click on people's minds the way I want , and they will ONLY SEE what I want them to see,
:sneaky:
you missed some grammar again 🙂

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
So the Bible is crap? The entire post/article is based on scripture with the scriptures listed to prove that is so

I would be in error if I continued to respond to someone who is as off course in their understanding as you appear to be

I won't bother again. You typically did exactly what I thought you would do....you denied what I posted, called it crap (even though it is all scripture) and then say I am wrong.

You can choose to do the right thing and respond to a proper post or you can continue to misinform and try to argue
are you a man or a woman? (i asked because someone said I called you a man by mistake)

If you do not believe that it is through the work of God that we are baptised (placed into) the death of Christ.

you can post those scriptures until your blue in the face.

the fact you continue to this moment to refuse to tell me what it is i teach that is in error. is begining to make me think you have ulterior motives here

That is you having a very bad comprehension problem. I don't preach anything as I am not a preacher so stop the false flags. Of course we are baptized into Christ by the Spirit as I have previously stated a good number of times.
Then you agree with everything I have said?

so why are you attacking mer as a false teacher?

What you seem unable to accept, is that salvation by faith in Christ comes before that and that is your problem....
Ah, back at it again.

Your wrong, it does not come before that, IT IS A PART OF THAT

you just can't see it. No one is baptized into the body of Christ unless they have first acknowledge Him as their Savior and their need to turn from sin
I never said otherwise. that is YOUR false assumption

here is the thing

one. a person is drawn
two. a person comes to repentance
through that repentance, a person repents and trust Christ
then they call out on the name of the lord in faith
AT THAT MOMENT they are baptized into the death and burial of christ with the washing of the Holy SPirit
They are also AT THAT moment baptized into Christ, where he is placed into HIS FAMILY,. and at the same time baptized into his body. the church

After this, they are sealed with the HS of promise, as they are Anointed with the spirit.. here is where they are sealed as a pledge and where they receive the gift of the spirit.

Maybe you need glasses....I don't know. But one thing I do know, you do not seem able to respond to my actual post but mix up what I posted and then say it's wrong.

Perhaps you twist the Bible the same way you twist what I say. Maybe that is the problem with you here.

Not responding to your repeated twisting of what I actually posted again so feel free to move on from me. Since you do not seem to actually understand what I write, there is no use in playing round and round the mulberry bush with you.[/QUOTE]

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
It is the baptism "so that your sins are forgiven" that saves a person.
Lamar ---Lamar ---Lamar ------it is not any form of Baptism that takes away your Sins -------your Sins are forgiven by the Shed Blood Of Jesus only ----where people get this idea that Baptism takes away sins is beyond me -----your ignorance of Scripture and understanding is laying bare here -----

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is given to you immediately after you receive Jesus in your heart -----Sins forgiven first by the Blood Shed by Jesus then the Holy Spirit immediately indwells the person -----this makes your Spirit Holy -----so you are now heaven bound -----