Question?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Can anyone give some understanding about the white stone and a new name in revelations.
Is this literal, or spiritual?

Thankyou and God bless
pickles

N

nathan3

Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden man'-na, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knowth saving he that receiveth it."

"Manna" is angel food for the spiritual body, it is what God fed the children of Israel while they were in the wilderness.

The "manna" of today is the spiritual truth within the Word of God that feeds your spiritual body and mind. The "white stone" is a stone of victory, it is given to God's elect who are the over-comers. They overcame the deceit of the Antichrist, and the Kenites.

If you have an ear to hear, you will understand what the spirit is trying to teach you. This instruction is given for us by Jesus, with John doing the writing.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou, confermed a question I was asking about this scripture. :)

God bless
pickles

C

Crazy4GODword

Well thats a real tough one, most scholars arent really sure what it means, and some theologians think its spiritual sense because the book holds alot of metaphors or symbolic meanings. I dont want to say something for its meaning that might not be right.

K

kenisyes

God has a name He uses for each of us. When you first hear it, it is new to you.

W

webchatter

I know that people in discussions anywhere about end time prophecy especially, try to say one another is wrong because this thing is to be taken spiritually, not literally or vice versa. Theologian opinion or not, Jesus fulfilled every prophecy about Himself PHYSICALLY. So I see nothing wrong with taking any end time prophecy spiritually or physically if it's not regarding Jesus.
I have even heard people say we are now living in the 1000 yr millenial, spiritual reign of Christ. So Don't feel you are wrong if you see it one way fit into Scripture better. So no one can say your opinion is wrong unless you claim Christ will be a spiritual, not physical return.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
The white stone is given to the elect of God. On the Day of Atonement is when The high priest would choses between 2 goats. There was a white stone for the one that was chosen to be the LORD’s and a black stone for the other one. Then the priest chosen to serve God in the time of his family service would also be chosen by a white stone.
I believe part of us standing before the LORD at the marriage supper is to be rewarded for what we did in his name on the earth.Part of every marriage the Bride is given a new name. We are part of the bride but alone we are the children and just like we give our children nicknames the LORD will give us one too. No one can fill less than anyone else with his new name because no one else will know that special name that is between you and your Daddy.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all so much for your answers, all has helped. :)
Revelations isnt easy, but then what is, all is God power and glory at work in us.

God bless
pickles