question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sweetheart728

ok soooo i love to THINK that i am a mature young lady and with that being said... i love to THINK that im ready to get married...
i know im really not but...
i have such a huge desire to get married and i dont think that God would let me continue to feel like this if he wasnt going to bless me with fufillment... RIGHT??? lolz

but any who... just for my knowledge...

to all the divorced or seperated people.... what went wrong...

and for all the happily married love birds (3 years or more) what changes have you had to make or are currently trying to make to keep things running smoothly...
and what signs should i look for when i think "THE ONE" has arrived...

thanks guys....

I love you with the love of Christ

X__Sweetheart__

L

Leilaii425

What went wrong. It may have been when i met my husbands girlfriend.

C

concernedguy

ok soooo i love to THINK that i am a mature young lady and with that being said... i love to THINK that im ready to get married...
i have such a huge desire to get married and i dont think that God would let me continue to feel like this if he wasnt going to bless me with fufillment... RIGHT??? lolz

and for all the happily married love birds (3 years or more) what changes have you had to make or are currently trying to make to keep things running smoothly...

thanks guys....

X__Sweetheart__

You have a good question. As long as you base your marriage on Christ and seek His guidance,
you will do fine. There will be hard times. But a rope of 3 strains is not easily broken. You and
your husband bound together by Christ as the third strain will make your marriage almost
invincible. Never be self serving and always be diligent looking after each others needs.

C

ClimbingUpward

Firstly have you read 'The Five Love Languages'? If you haven't, I highly recommend it to you. It's a very informative Christian book. Can get from Christian bookshops and some stationary shops carry it.

You may think 'he' is the one, coz it all just feels so wonderful and right...that is called the 'in love experience' a lot of couples get married while they are in the in love experience, but then that dies off after a little while and they start to wonder WHAT exactly it was that they saw in each other. After the in love exp wares off, that's when you really gotta start waring on the marriage otherwise it WILL fail.

Once you meet him, don't rush into anything. Pray. Listen. Pray some more. Get others who can also pray with you to pray, wee if they get the same result as you. Do not jump into it. I is speaking from experience. i married someone, God and everyone else in my life told me not to. That's all I'm gonna say.

Anyway, hope that helps :)

G

greatkraw

thanks guys....

X__Sweetheart__
Hi Sweetheart, you come from a long long line of eggs which managed to get themselves fertilised. That is what you are feeling.

The good news is that their mothers stuck around long enough for them to grow up and get fertilised in their turn.

If you just go with you feelings you can expect the same to happen. That gives no reason to expect a happy or fulfilling life unless you choose to put your thoughts before your feelings and make some wise choices. Work on being the best Christian Girl you can and pray for your future husband (who you have yet to meet) every day.

L

LoverofGod79

what went wrong... well first off i married a man who only claimed to be a christian, and did the motions of going to church on sunday..other then that there was no fruit in his life at all....but the major thing besides that, is he wasnt willing to fight for our marriage.. there was no boundaries set up on his end. He worked in an office full of women and he didnt set up boundaries, he saw nothing wrong with catching rides with his female friends just him and her. He say nothing wrong with talking one on one with his female friend about his marriage problems and her marriage problems, it started out innocent but in the end he ended up having an affair and left me for her.
when i say he wasnt willing to fight for our marriage.. once the affair happened i was willing to forgive and move on with counseling, but he didnt want to go to counseling to seek help.

My wrong in the marriage... i put my fathers advice above my husbands. i realize now that, that was Sooo wrong and very damaging to my husband, it showed lack of respect. You grow up being told to honor and obey your parents, but when you get married you have to remember your husband comes before your parents. a simple concept and i never thought i would struggle with that, but i was surprised that i did and dint even notice it right away.

lack of prayer was another big no-no.. I did not pray for husband near as much as i should have been...Power of a praying wife.. excellent book i wish i hadnt waited till my husband said he wanted a divorce to read it.

Marriages are not easy... no relationship is easy they all take work and at some point in time you will more then likely need to seek counsel. There is NO shame at all in seeing a counselor its a shame that the word has put such a stigma on it that its a bad thing. Its never a bad thing to ask for help.

One big suggesting i give is to read at least one marriage book a year. its always good to refresh yourself on things and to learn new things :)

J

Jordan9

I'm in the same boat as you. But as GreatKaw suggested, I'm pretty sure that for me, personally, it's more my evolutionary desire to propogate my DNA and species combined with my faith talking, more so than God.

Nov 13, 2009
Look kiddo just wait. Remember god doesn't ALLOW you to feel anything that's YOU. Gods there he will give you what you need but the choice on how you feel or what you do is up to you. Realisticly you need to learn about yourself before you take such a huge step, don't get me wrong it's hard. It's easy to think you're all grown up but the girl you are now might not be the woman you become.

God will give you what you need but it's upto to recognize what that is and not let impulse steer you onto an impetuous and perilous path of self destruction.