Questioning faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sohurt

I am having problem keeping faith when everyday is a struggle and stuff constantly goes wrong. I have prayed and prayed and read Bible but its hard to find any good anymore. The love of my life left me and doesnt even care about me anymore. Its so hard dropping kids off knowing u cant see them for days. Every day you only hear bad. Everybody is divorcing everybody is finding out a love one has cancer. How do you keep your head up. I know the reward is in the after life but do we have to suffer all through life to hopefully get to it? I know its wrong to question but I prayed hard for my wife to come back or at least have a little remorse for ending our dreams and family life. When will it get better and how do you cope daily until it does?

K

Kyouken

Don't be afraid to question the Bible; how else will you learn? Don't believe something you hear on blind faith, either - a general rule is that unless someone provides some Scriptures, don't believe it (or look further into it).
There is a lot you can do to 'cope' with the troubles of the day.

Something for you:
Jesus provided the means for us to live happily in this life. Jesus IS that means. Jesus IS that good you're looking for. There's too much for me to go into detail; just focus on God's love for you, read the Bible, and meditate on it day and night. Not easy, but totally worth doing.

As a personal testimony, I don't watch the news, or much television. I don't read the newspaper, or go to movies and listen secular music. As a result, I don't think about a lot of the crap that's in the world today. That's not to say I'm not aware of it, but I don't think of it as often, and when I do, I thank the Lord that He's taken care of everything for us by His grace.

I'm sorry that the love of your life left you, I... That hits home a bit, I'll be honest.
As I asked God, 'How could someone cope with that?' He answered...
'Focus on Me.' It may not be easy, but it works. Just look up. He's there, holding out His hand, ready to pick you up when you've fallen down.

Remember - in the walk of life, if there's only one set of footprints in the sand, that means He's carrying you :). Remember also that, if you're looking for good, read the Bible - there's so much good in there it might overflow off of the pages and into your life :D

You are in my prayers.

S

shekaniah

Father surround him with your love through friends and family, give him wisdom and peace. Show him how to use the time he has with his children wisely, building them up. So they can feel confident and comfortable coming to him with requests and needs. Help him to create a strong relationships with them. Let the communication with their mother, always have the best interest of the children in mind. In Jesus Name, Amen

F

feliciawriter

I understand your questioning and I too feel your pain. I meditate, pray without ceasing, and study my Bible...I see no changes and it scares me. I pray that change will come but every day I see no results and I wonder what I have done wrong...what can I do differently...is this as far as God will take me in Life? Be strong...it is our test of Faith dear and we must endure the pain to receive our rewards.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hi, Sohurt........it sounds like you're going through a really rough time :(. I know it's hard to keep faith when it seems like everything is going wrong, but I can assure you that He still loves you. It's normal to question your faith at times, but don't let it push you away from Truth. Cast all your care upon Him, for He careth for you. If you feel like you're lacking in faith, then ask God for more, He has plenty to spare. He will see you through this, if you stay focused on Him. God Bless. -Nichole

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I know all seems so dark, but it isnt.
Jesus says keep your eyes on me.
He showed me that instead of looking to the bad and suffering, look always to keeping ones eyes on Him. :)
It is a work of faith, but one that is truelly rewarding in Jesus.
You are in my prayers in Jesus.

God bless
pickles