Questioning this article concerning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DragonDisciple

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

What do you think of this guy's take on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? I am not sure if this person is right in what he's saying. I felt worried after reading this because before I accepted Christ, I accused Jesus of being the devil in disguise and I hope to God that wasn't blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

I could use use good opinions and reassurance. I've been struggling with my faith because of this

D

DragonDisciple

What do you think of this guy's take on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? I am not sure if this person is right in what he's saying. I felt worried after reading this because before I accepted Christ, I accused Jesus of being the devil in disguise and I hope to God that wasn't blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

I could use use good opinions and reassurance. I've been struggling with my faith because of this

heres the article. My bad

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
(Mat 12:31-32)

You said you felt worried because you accused Jesus of being the devil in disguise.
The Scripture I posted says, "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him"

Did you speak those words as a Christian or before?
What was in the article that shook you up?

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:9)

D

DragonDisciple

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
(Mat 12:31-32)

You said you felt worried because you accused Jesus of being the devil in disguise.
The Scripture I posted says, "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him"

Did you speak those words as a Christian or before?
What was in the article that shook you up?

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:9)
I spoke those words before I was a christian. What shook me up was when the article said that worrying that you committed the unpardonable sin doesn't mean that you didn't commit it

T

thebesttrees

I spoke those words before I was a christian. What shook me up was when the article said that worrying that you committed the unpardonable sin doesn't mean that you didn't commit it
No worries dear. I posted the following response to the same subject of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit in another thread and re-post it here. As you are a lover of light, you are good to go. And here is my other post,

The explanation is rather simple. The Lord and the Holy Spirit are inseparable as the sun is inseparable from its light. If one does not look for the light and prefers to be in darkness, in other words loathes the light like a bat does, he will never discover the sun no matter how close he is to the sun. But if one rejects the sun but believes in the light, there is always a chance that he will discover the sun which is associated with the light as he knows that the light has to come from somewhere!