Questions about God talking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
This makes me so sad. :(

God talks to you All. The. Time. in our thoughts. If you would like to hear God ask him to let you hear him.

Also we all struggle with anxiety and stress to a degree.
I’m sorry not trying to make you sad. I just wonder am I not hearing him correctly. But I will ask Him to speak to me.

How do you handle yours?

Dec 26, 2017
You can test the Spirits by measuring them against the Word of YHWH.

Isaiah 34:16, “Search from the book of יהוה, and read: not one of these shall be missing, not one shall be without a mate, for He has commanded my mouth. And His Spirit shall gather them.”

Mat 4:4, “But He answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of יהוה.” (Deut 8:3)

Isaiah 59:21, “As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” said יהוה: “My Spirit that is upon you, and My Words that I have put in your mouth, shall not be withdrawn from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” said יהוה, “from this time and forever.”

Anything FROM HIM will not go against His Word, Instruction, etc. Anything FROM HIM will lead you to Him not away.

and always remember:

Isaiah 55:8-11,8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares יהוה."9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from the heavens, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,"11 so is My Word that goes forth from My mouth – it does not return to Me empty, but shall do what I please, and shall certainly accomplish what I sent it for."
Thank you very much! God Bless you! You made me really think and realize a lot

Dec 26, 2017
When God talks to a person, He does not make him fearful, anxious, or confused, neither does He talk about futility. The best thing for you would be to spend a lot of time in the Word of God and in prayer and ask God to speak to you either way.
I will do that. Thank you. I was thinking God wouldn’t do that, but I was just getting so confused.

Dec 26, 2017
I like reading Psalms, seems like there is always one there waiting for me to see it with fresh eyes, to read it in light of "today". Your OP made me think of Psalms 39, for in it he speaks of futility.

Dear I don't know what you are facing, or why you heard those words in your mind. The psalmist of 39 was contemplating his own mortality, and felt reduced to even a moth. Nevertheless such a low estate to him was still worthy to communicate with Almighty. Isn't that hope? Then there are other psalms joyous and jubilant and would lift any mood I think. We humans have such a range of emotion, yet must be careful not to let our emotions rule us. thank Almighty He has not left us all alone. amen.
Really? I’m going to read psalm 39. Yes that is hope! I don’t think about how others even those closets to God when through the same things or thought about these things. Thank you

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Thank you very much! God Bless you! You made me really think and realize a lot
Thank you and praiseYah!

1 John 4:1, Beloved ones, do not believe every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of the Mighty One, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Psalms 25:9, “He guides the meek ones in right-ruling, And He teaches the meek ones His way. All the paths of יהוה are loving-commitment and truth, To those who guard His covenant and His witnesses.”

Psalms 25:4, “Show me Your ways, O יהוה; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, For You are the Strength of my deliverance; On You I wait all the day.”

Dec 26, 2017
Thank you and praiseYah!

1 John 4:1, Beloved ones, do not believe every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of the Mighty One, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Psalms 25:9, “He guides the meek ones in right-ruling, And He teaches the meek ones His way. All the paths of יהוה are loving-commitment and truth, To those who guard His covenant and His witnesses.”

Psalms 25:4, “Show me Your ways, O יהוה; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, For You are the Strength of my deliverance; On You I wait all the day.”
Amen! To God be the Glory!

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
I’m sorry not trying to make you sad. I just wonder am I not hearing him correctly. But I will ask Him to speak to me.

How do you handle yours?
I'm fully convinced a bit of stress and worry is just a part of life.

I've tried all of the following to help with it though.
1. Stay in the present. Anxiety is caused by worrying about the past or future. Pick up an object, focus on the texture, color, etc. It makes you more perceptive and we were never created to dwell on past or future worries.
2. Lucid dreams- being really present naturally gives me lucid dreams bc I'm more perceptive and realize I'm dreaming. There are spiritual components of dreams as well and I have heard God's voice this way as well.
3. Listen to Christian songs, bible, and near death experience podcasts.
4. Meditation- again staying present but focusing on breathing. You can also include verses. Breath in half the verse and out the rest of the verse. There are free apps for this.
5. Less stuff-for me personally this is helpful and having it organized.
6. No or little caffeine- I just notice it helps me personally.
7. Walk outside- even babies calm down walking outside. It comes naturally.

Other than those tangible things just being in the right mindset. Talking to yourself like a child in some sense and not being so hard on yourself. People make mistakes, others make mistakes. We expect it from kids, but when we grow up suddenly we should be "perfect." However perfection doesn't exist and we are all a work in progress and doing the best we can in our situation. If there's guilt pray for forgiveness and move on. Worry pray for help. Remember that God is never against you. He's always on your side.