Quite a small request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I'll try to keep this short.

Several years back, I missed an opportunity to be involved in a ministry for young girls. It was selfishness that made me decline. I have since repented, given my selfishness to Him, and have (Thank God) seen evidence that He has indeed taken it away. But it has been heavily on my mind lately, so here is my request:

If there is a way that I can correct my initial wrong decision and make things right before Him, I would like to do that.

There is also a consequence that I live with every day. It's a direct result of my selfish decision. It's not a huge thing, and I will certainly live with it if He'd like me to, but again... if there is some way that He will let me reverse either thing, I would like to. I'd love prayers that He directs me to do His will, whatever that is right now.
Thank you for reading. :)

K

kenisyes

I wouldn't be surprised if you heard that call then to fulfill it now when you are more mature. If that's what God made you for, all He needs is your yes. I'm agreeing in prayer for that door to open again.

Oct 27, 2012
When God speaks to one's heart it is always for a purpose! The person however, has the choice of following it or not due to free will choice that God has also given each and every person. Therefore, depending on the intensity of the calling if it persists then you can know that you are being summoned once again and/or being given another opportunity to serve in that way.

Listen to God in your heart or through Dreams as He speaks to you through both places.

"In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then He openeth the ears of men: and sealeth their instruction," -- JOB 33:15-16 (KJV)

P

psychomom

How do you keep yourself from spending the whole day hugging yourself?? ;)
You really are the dearest young woman. ♥

I do not know the consequence you speak of (nor do I need to!)
but sometimes I wonder if the Lord isn't using an opportunity like that
to show us something about ourselves we did not know was there
so He can clean us up, so to speak.
Perhaps that was the more important thing?
(just spitballing, here)

As the mother of five daughters,I will say that
ministering to girls ain't for sissies! lol
I will be praying that whatever is His perfect will for you,
He will make happen.
Especially now that you have, toward this, what He calls
a perfect heart, and you say, like Mary did,
'Be it unto me according to Your word."

love,
ellie

L

libertygirl

I will be praying. <3 :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Like others have said, it is quite possible God was perfecting you for His plan. :)
Remember, God works all things to His good perpose, so praise Him and see what He brings you to. :)
All you ask is in my prayers in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

I agree with most of the other posts.
Praying for you too

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
praying God open your heart and mind for his plan for you.

Psalm 25:8-9 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways, He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

Proverbs 3:6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Thank you so much, everyone. You're all so sweet!

Ellie's post made me wonder if the reason that it came back to my mind recently was perhaps because I had something more to learn from it? I've been praying, it's still on my mind, but I have no resolution yet.

Love you all! <3

S

simplyme_bekah

I just had the overall feeling when I read this that he is already directing your path. Your heart sounds like it is in a very lovely place and I gladly lift you up in prayer to our Lord asking that he give you the discernment and direction and peace over the path that he has set before you. Its beautiful when we worry if we are on the right or wrong path because it shows a heart that wants to follow our Jesus. God Bless Miss PopClick and may you get the answers that you seek <3

Dec 19, 2009
I'll try to keep this short.

Several years back, I missed an opportunity to be involved in a ministry for young girls. It was selfishness that made me decline. I have since repented, given my selfishness to Him, and have (Thank God) seen evidence that He has indeed taken it away. But it has been heavily on my mind lately, so here is my request:

If there is a way that I can correct my initial wrong decision and make things right before Him, I would like to do that.

There is also a consequence that I live with every day. It's a direct result of my selfish decision. It's not a huge thing, and I will certainly live with it if He'd like me to, but again... if there is some way that He will let me reverse either thing, I would like to. I'd love prayers that He directs me to do His will, whatever that is right now.
Thank you for reading. :)
The best thing you can do is follow the Lord each day, trying to do his will. Your sins from the past have been forgiven.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Thank you so much, everyone! I think I might know what I have to do now. :)

P

psychomom

Little one, your heart is God's.
I never had the slightest doubt. :)

love you,
ellie

T

TexasHallelujahGal

Your beloved ...surrender all when you hear a call go with a joyful heart