RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Raeshelle

Someone asked about some stories on this in chat the other day . So I got to thinking about it and thought, Hey why not make a forum on it..
The only rule is that it has to be a true story and no picking anyones story apart..
God bless and have fun.. Can't wait to ready all yout stories.

I will go first.

Last fall I was drivng along the road with a friend of mine and we came upon a halfton with a camper trailer sitting on the side of the rd.. Normally I would not stop just because it was 2 men standing on the side of the rd and one of them was very drunk which was not hard to tell when he walked.
Anyways, we drove right one pass. But some something checked me, (I know it was God) and I looked at my feind and said I think we need to go back and make sure that they are ok.. I think they really do need help. So we turned back, and inside the truck was a lady about 35 , her son and an elderly woman.. They was so cold. The truck had a flat tire and where they had to stop on the hill and the ground was so soft, they needed another jack as they had to lift the trailer up as well, and also needed a different size wheel wrench then they had.. and I had both things they needed to get back on the road.. They would have had to wait on that cold night for over 2 hrs before help would have got to them .. Because I turned and went back they was back on the road in 25 mins.. They wanted to give me some money for stopping and for my time..But I just told them to pay it forward, To make sure if they see someone in need to lend a helping hand. They promised me they would do that.. And I got paid in more then they could ever imagine because I felt so great that I had listened to God's voice and put a smile on someones face.. And the 5 yr old boy was so sweet and loved to talk and since I love kids, That was awesome!!

R

Raeshelle

Come on people lets hear some stories!!

G

goth4god

hmm, I'm trying to think of something, but really nothing comes to mind, cuz I help ppl a lot and they all kinda mesh together and nothing stands out! lol

R

Raeshelle

Well maybe you can recall one that someone did for you.. :D

L

LynnJ

I have two brief stories to share, one that was an act of kindness someone did for me and one that I did for someone else:

I went to a gas station/convenience store a few days ago because my tire was almost flat, but I did not know how to work the air pump machine. I went into the store and asked a random stranger to help me, and he didn't hesitate to stop what he was doing and come out and put air in my tire. I appreciated the kindness he showed by assisting me with something that seemed simple to him but it was big to me.

Last Saturday I was at a restaurant, and the waitress and I got into a conversation about the Bible. Someone from Gideons gave her a Bible about a week prior to that, and it was her first Bible. I carry extra devotionals with me on occasion, and I happened to have one that I gave to her to complement her new Bible. She was very appreciative for the devotional and said that it will help her get into reading the Bible and spending time in prayer.

These are two simple stores, but all random acts of kindness count! Anyone else have any stories to share?

Blessings,
Lynn

G

goth4god

well I can think of one that someone did to help me! =]
last summer I was working at a Christian summer camp and I was in the kitchen and my shoe broke. I went outside to ask my boss if i could go to my cabin and change cuz the whole soul of the shoe came off. well there was like only one family eating cuz lunch time was almost over, and i just stopped and asked the husband of the family if he knew how i could fix it, cuz i thought he might know cuz he was a guy lol.
well it turns out that he works at some shoe company for the brand Sketchers, which was the same brand of shoe that had just broke, and he was all 'wow! thoese shoes shouldnt not brake like that! let my take them to my company and give me your address and I'll get you a brand new pair!' I did just that and a few weeks later i had new shoes!
what was really cool is that i had gotten my origninal pair form a thrift store!
it was pretty amazing for God to look after me and let me run into that guy =]

88keys

I think I know why not many are posting to this thread. If I tell about an act of kindness I did for someone it sorta feels like I'm tooting my own horn. That kinda defeats the purpose of doing it in secret. I do like the idea of sharing what someone did for you! Just a thought...

Apr 13, 2007
I don't think it's really ''tooting your own horn'' it's more like saying God said to do something kind for someone, and give Him all the thanks, praise, honor, and glory for allowing you to help someone else out. Many times, we have the chance to witness and testify to someone in the strangets of situations and they get saved.

Anyways, I have two for you. One: Yesterday(4-12-09) was my grandfather's 65th birthday, and his own children didn't call him, come see him, get him anything, nothing at all! My sister, my mom, and one cousin did something for him, no one else could afford anything to be honest. I couuld see the hurt, saddness, and disappointment in his eyes although he tried to hide it behind a smile. So I decided since I had no money, I'd just make him a little special card. I got all my friends on here, and on myspace who said it was okay, and I put their names on a card for him. Also two chatters sang him happy birthday on here(thanks so much again!). Something so simple, so small, but so great to him, he just loved it! So thanks everyone, you helped make it really great and special for him!

Secondly: I remember once, when I was a child, my grandfather and I were in the store, this poor man, he was on foodstamps. He got some food from the deli, and normally as long as it's food, foodstamps covers it. This time the person at the store said no, so my grandfather told them, "ring it up, I'll pay for" and so that man had a meal for the night!

Oh one more I just remembered, my grandparents, took on the responsability of raising my sister and I after raising their own seven children...they never complined about it, they brought us up right, and in church. They sacrificed so much for us, and they didn't have to take us in but they did!
The most ''random'' act of kindness, love, etc. however is the sacrifice that Jesus made for us!(just thought I'd throw that in there hehe)

Mar 26, 2009
there was this one thing that was done for me. i had ran outof gas in the middle of the orad and both my 7year old and my 2 year old were in the car. I had to have my 7 year old get into the drivers seat and have him steer the steering wheel while i puseh the car up a hill. Well all of these cars came by and finally these two really nice young ppl came and helped me push the car in a safe spot so no one would get hurt. They took my son to the gas station and bought us some gas { mind you i was on my way to get gas with my own money} but these two ppl that day showed me so much kindness that i will never forget it.

R

Raeshelle

These are awesome Stories.. Keep them coming I am so enjoying them.. God is so amazing he always watches out for us..

I can remember many times as a child, My dad would get laid off work every winter and he had 7 kids to feed.. But I can remember many times we would have family devotions everyday and my Dad would pray and I can remember him saying " Lord I know you own the cattle on a thousand hills and my kids are hungry and I have no money to get them something to eat.. I am believing you to take care of us, you said you would never leave us or forsake us in our time of need.. " Then he would say I just want to thank you Lord in advance for meeting our needs ." Oh the many times that while he was still praying there would be a knock on the door and one of us would go to answer and there would be no one there but there would be maybe 2 or 3 boxes or grocery bag full of food.. God had met the the need.. Or Maybe we would go to church and come out to the car after service and there would be groceries in the car.. WE don't know who left them, But God moved on someone to give them to us.. And we always took the time to thank God for meeting the need.