RAPTURE DAY WILL BE VERY VERY SOON ARE YOU READY?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
I believe that God will do what He wants to do when He does it...not before. When the rapture occurs believers will be taken simply because they believed on Jesus as Savior...not because a person believed in either a pre, mid or post trib rapture. W are saved by Grace...not doctrine. I think we are to live for God and let Him do what He intends. He dictates...not us.
This applies of course to only believers who are left and didn't go out and get slaughtered during Satan's false rapture. Most Christians, especially weak ones, will be deceived. We see them as the great multitude in Heaven in Rev 7 and Isaiah 65. It is very important that the correct order of which "Christ" comes first is known.

As for the Rapture itself, there is a lot of confusion about what it actually is. I've been researching it and it's pretty clear that when the Lord comes, he comes on the cloud(s) of heaven on a cloudy day. He appears on top of either Mount Zion or Mount of Olives. The Dead in Christ (which might not be all dead Christians) are resurrected and caught up to the mountain with the Lord. Then those of us who are alive and remaining from the tribulation (likely a small number) are gathered with them. I am about 95% sure nobody alive is going to be transformed.

1 Cor 15:51-53 does not appear to have anything to do with Christ's return but instead deals with the period after the millennium. This passage mentions nothing about Christ coming, nothing about clouds, and nothing about a gathering of believers. This passage most likely deals with the final resurrection prior to judgment as the context suggests.

1 Thes 4:13-17 does relate to the Second Coming. But it mentions nothing about any living person being changed. Christ does not discuss any living person being changed either in any of the Olivet Discourse passages. The "Clouds" mentioned here when translated from the Greek can mean also "cloudiness" which would agree with the descriptions in Joel and other places. The "AIR" used here is NOT atmosphere or air of the sky!! The Greek is "aer" which means breathe as in alive. So it is very likely that nobody is going to be gathered in the sky on clouds but rather on top of a mountain in cloudiness.

Aug 15, 2009
Rapture anyday now!
[HR][/HR]

After rapture day
and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on
that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What
will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to God!
Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your Lord and Savior though after
the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not
wise up and be saved now????
2 Peter 3:3-7 (KJV) [SUP]3 [/SUP]Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [SUP]4 [/SUP]And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: [SUP]6 [/SUP]Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [SUP]7 [/SUP]But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude 1:17-23 (KJV) [SUP]17 [/SUP]But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; [SUP]18 [/SUP]How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. [SUP]19 [/SUP]These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. [SUP]20 [/SUP]But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, [SUP]21 [/SUP]Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. [SUP]22[/SUP]And of some have compassion, making a difference: [SUP]23 [/SUP]And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

What he says makes sense. One can never consider their ways too much.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2013
Where's 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 or Revelation 4:1-2 in your proclamations that the Rapture isn't real. All I see is people's opinions. What saith the scripture? Most of you are confusing the Rapture with the Second Coming of Christ. The Rapture is a mystery which wasn't revealed until Paul clearly showed it to us in 1 Corinthians 15:51. Jesus had already talked about the Second Coming, Paul wasn't revealing something which Jesus had already revealed.

If you're saved, you're going up. Shame you won't get a crown for loving Jesus' coming. It's your choice to submit to the Bible or not.

Sep 2, 2013
That'd be nice if rapture day was in a few hrs or days lol.
Freedom of the wickedness of earth & pain to be one with God and your sisters and brothers.
ahh :D
God bless y'all

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Where's 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 or Revelation 4:1-2 in your proclamations that the Rapture isn't real. All I see is people's opinions. What saith the scripture? Most of you are confusing the Rapture with the Second Coming of Christ. The Rapture is a mystery which wasn't revealed until Paul clearly showed it to us in 1 Corinthians 15:51. Jesus had already talked about the Second Coming, Paul wasn't revealing something which Jesus had already revealed.

If you're saved, you're going up. Shame you won't get a crown for loving Jesus' coming. It's your choice to submit to the Bible or not.

What Bible are you reading? I don't see a word about a Rapture in these passages. I use NKJV but tell me what you are using in case I am missing something. Let's expand this reference:

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

I don't see a single mention of the Lord returning here, do you? I don't see a single mention of anyone alive who was "changed" being gathered, do you? I don't see a word about clouds, the Lord returning with glory, vengeance or anything else to tie these passages to the Second Coming.

Paul defines the mystery right here. He says "We shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed." That's the mystery right there. Paul doesn't say anything that would suggest this passage is tied to 1 Thes 4. In fact the only thing that is even remotely similar to the Lord's return is the mention of a trumpet and that there is a resurrection. However we know from Rev 20 that there are two resurrections with the last one happening after the millennium. If you notice in verse 54 Paul is saying that "Death is swallowed up in victory." This is an important clue to the timing here. Look back to verses 24-26:

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

We see here that it is after the millennium when Christ delivers the kingdom to God. We see that Christ reigns until He has put all enemies under His feet. This certainly implies that it takes Christ 1,000 years to accomplish this. Then here comes the big clue. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. Therefore the resurrection being discussed in verse 51-54 is the second or last resurrection and not the Tribulation era limited resurrection.

Let's turn to Rev 20:

5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Paul is discussing this in 1 Cor 15. He is not discussing a Tribulation era Rapture.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I see this a lot in this thread, and threads similar. I wonder, do we really think mocking the rapture will make people not believe in it? Who can really and truly say if the rapture is true or not? Revelation shows three possible places for the rapture to take place, hence the three different timings of it during the time of Jacob's Trouble. I, yet again, say that we should be very careful when we mock the things of God. Is it truly harmful to believe in the rapture? I say no. Is it harmful to not believe? I say no. The thing of it is, if you're heart is right and there is a rapture, you're going whether you believe it or not. If your heart is right and there isn't a rapture, you'll know once the time of Jacob's Trouble begins and the mark is prevalent and you'll make your continued godly stands even then.

Pride is a horrible thing. Who can know the mind of God? For His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts far above our thoughts.

2 Peter 3: 3-13, The Message:

First off, you need to know that in the last days, mockers are going to have a heyday. Reducing everything to the level of their puny feelings, they’ll mock, “So what’s happened to the promise of his Coming? Our ancestors are dead and buried, and everything’s going on just as it has from the first day of creation. Nothing’s changed.”

They conveniently forget that long ago all the galaxies and this very planet were brought into existence out of watery chaos by God’s word. Then God’s word brought the chaos back in a flood that destroyed the world. The current galaxies and earth are fuel for the final fire. God is poised, ready to speak his word again, ready to give the signal for the judgment and destruction of the desecrating skeptics.

Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change.

But when the Day of God’s Judgment does come, it will be unannounced, like a thief. The sky will collapse with a thunderous bang, everything disintegrating in a huge conflagration, earth and all its works exposed to the scrutiny of Judgment.

Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a holy life? Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival. The galaxies will burn up and the elements melt down that day—but we’ll hardly notice. We’ll be looking the other way, ready for the promised new heavens and the promised new earth, all landscaped with righteousness.

Last edited:
A

Anonimous

I see this a lot in this thread, and threads similar. I wonder, do we really think mocking the rapture will make people not believe in it? Who can really and truly say if the rapture is true or not? Revelation shows three possible places for the rapture to take place, hence the three different timings of it during the time of Jacob's Trouble. I, yet again, say that we should be very careful when we mock the things of God. Is it truly harmful to believe in the rapture? I say no. Is it harmful to not believe? I say no. The thing of it is, if you're heart is right and there is a rapture, you're going whether you believe it or not. If your heart is right and there isn't a rapture, you'll know once the time of Jacob's Trouble begins and the mark is prevalent and you'll make your continued godly stands even then.

Pride is a horrible thing. Who can know the mind of God? For His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts far above our thoughts.

2 Peter 3: 3-13, The Message:

First off, you need to know that in the last days, mockers are going to have a heyday. Reducing everything to the level of their puny feelings, they’ll mock, “So what’s happened to the promise of his Coming? Our ancestors are dead and buried, and everything’s going on just as it has from the first day of creation. Nothing’s changed.”

They conveniently forget that long ago all the galaxies and this very planet were brought into existence out of watery chaos by God’s word. Then God’s word brought the chaos back in a flood that destroyed the world. The current galaxies and earth are fuel for the final fire. God is poised, ready to speak his word again, ready to give the signal for the judgment and destruction of the desecrating skeptics.

Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change.

But when the Day of God’s Judgment does come, it will be unannounced, like a thief. The sky will collapse with a thunderous bang, everything disintegrating in a huge conflagration, earth and all its works exposed to the scrutiny of Judgment.

Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a holy life? Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival. The galaxies will burn up and the elements melt down that day—but we’ll hardly notice. We’ll be looking the other way, ready for the promised new heavens and the promised new earth, all landscaped with righteousness.
When Jesus said, "Nobody knows..." that is exactly what he meant. Live with it. You'll know when it either happens...or when it doesn't happen.

J

jordy1984

Alot of negative replies I dont no how some of us will spend eternity together never mind on earth! Have a think before replyin people nothin wrong with a debate but we dont want to make our brothers and sisters feel small because "its not what I believe" x

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
I, yet again, say that we should be very careful when we mock the things of God. Is it truly harmful to believe in the rapture? I say no. Is it harmful to not believe? I say no.
Are you saying it matters not what God says on the subject? If the Bible teaches that the Lord returns after the Tribulation and man teaches it happens before and contradicts the clear teaching of the Word than that is okay with you? So, all the warnings Christ and Paul give about correct timing is of no importance?

It is very important to know God's Word. It is critical to end times Christians to study the Word and understand it. It will be a matter of life and death when the Antichrist appears as knowing the correct order of which "Christ" comes first could very well mean who lives in honor and who dies in disgrace. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or put anyone down. I am trying to educate for the glory of the Kingdom.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Are you saying it matters not what God says on the subject? If the Bible teaches that the Lord returns after the Tribulation and man teaches it happens before and contradicts the clear teaching of the Word than that is okay with you? So, all the warnings Christ and Paul give about correct timing is of no importance?

It is very important to know God's Word. It is critical to end times Christians to study the Word and understand it. It will be a matter of life and death when the Antichrist appears as knowing the correct order of which "Christ" comes first could very well mean who lives in honor and who dies in disgrace. I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or put anyone down. I am trying to educate for the glory of the Kingdom.
What I said was that we don't need to be arguing about this or mocking people that believe in the rapture.

Last edited:
A

Anonimous

With all the childish bickering over things that are not under our control I almost feel like I'm at church.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
What I said was that we don't need to be arguing about this or mocking people that believe in the rapture.
I am not mocking or arguing. I am simply putting forth the facts. There are far too many Christians who have already been deceived and they need to hear the truth. The False Prophet is already on earth and the Antichrist is not far behind.

Anyone who thinks Satan will not use this confusion to his advantage is sadly mistaken. Satan is coming to deceive. He already owns those who don't believe in God. He is coming to deceive Christians and to get as many of them as he can to believe that he's the messiah.

Last edited:

vanillakay

Dec 7, 2012
*sighs* OP..COME ON. NOBODY, yes that icludes you, know the day or hour. So please stop trying to predict it, your "very soon" could be another one thousand years.

Nov 30, 2012
If our Lord did not know the hour nor the day, why would our God and King tell anyone of us? Do not listen to those who claim to know when the end shall come. Be ready and trust the Lord, nothing more.