Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The restoration of all things started with the advent of Jesus,continuing to the building and rapture of […]
My understanding is that in Acts 3, Peter is having to address a people who did not expect the "My Servant Jesus" [SUFFERING] parts of a coming Messiah, but instead were anticipating (ONLY) a powerful and ruling one... and so Peter is pointing out that the OT scriptures ALSO spoke of the "suffering servant" aspects (which were thus fulfilled in their rejection of Him and His death on the cross).

Then Peter goes on to say that "whom heaven must receive UNTIL" (which speaks to the present time ["this present age [singular]"]--what some call the Church age [see the following scripture references]), and then speaks of "[until] the times of restoration [G605] of all things which God hath spoken of by the mouth of all His holy prophets since […]" (this is in contrast to what is later stated in Eph3:3-6,9; Col1:24-27; Eph1:20-23 "WHEN'; etc ["hidden in God"... "kept secret since" etc]), and which "G605" word ("restoration") has the following [per Bible Hub]:

[G605] "Cognate: 605 apokatástasis (from 600 /apokathístēmi, "restore") – restitution, referring to the "restoration of the physical earth in the Messianic kingdom (Millennium)" (G. Archer)."

...so I don't really see this starting (meaning the "whom heaven must receive UNTIL") not starting BEFORE His "the Lord Himself shall descend FROM HEAVEN with a shout" at the time of our Rapture (which I believe to take place BEFORE the opening of the FIRST SEAL/INITIAL "birth PANG [singular; 1Th5:2-3; Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE'"]" [which SEAL is] at the START of the 7-yr trib

Jul 23, 2018
My understanding is that in Acts 3, Peter is having to address a people who did not expect the "My Servant Jesus" [SUFFERING] parts of a coming Messiah, but instead were anticipating (ONLY) a powerful and ruling one... and so Peter is pointing out that the OT scriptures ALSO spoke of the "suffering servant" aspects (which were thus fulfilled in their rejection of Him and His death on the cross).

Then Peter goes on to say that "whom heaven must receive UNTIL" (which speaks to the present time ["this present age [singular]"]--what some call the Church age [see the following scripture references]), and then speaks of "[until] the times of restoration [G605] of all things which God hath spoken of by the mouth of all His holy prophets since […]" (this is in contrast to what is later stated in Eph3:3-6,9; Col1:24-27; Eph1:20-23 "WHEN'; etc ["hidden in God"... "kept secret since" etc]), and which "G605" word ("restoration") has the following [per Bible Hub]:

[G605] "Cognate: 605 apokatástasis (from 600 /apokathístēmi, "restore") – restitution, referring to the "restoration of the physical earth in the Messianic kingdom (Millennium)" (G. Archer)."

...so I don't really see this starting (meaning the "whom heaven must receive UNTIL") not starting BEFORE His "the Lord Himself shall descend FROM HEAVEN with a shout" at the time of our Rapture (which I believe to take place BEFORE the opening of the FIRST SEAL/INITIAL "birth PANG [singular; 1Th5:2-3; Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE'"]" [which SEAL is] at the START of the 7-yr trib
All things means many things.
Man is restored
Kingdom on earth is not
Neither has the earth been purchased back as we see in the book of Ruth.
Rev 5 is the earth redeemed

Mar 3, 2019
Yes indeed.
All that is covered in one's total commitment to Jesus. Abandonment of self and the world.
Good word to a wishy washy church.

I see it in myself. The call is always there. Total abandonment.
The road is clogged with "useless twits" blocking the way.
The walk was not designed for noncommittal and lukewarm.

A no brainer offshoot is cessationism. It is the incubated child of the backslidden leadership.

So you agree completely with what Jesus said? Including not working for money (having a job), selling houses, lands, cars, material? And living (basically homeless, Luke 9:58) preaching the Gospel full time? (Mark 16:15). Jesus and the disciples did exactly that (Acts 2:45-47, Acts 4:32, Acts) (Luke 14:33, Luke 4:11, Luke 5:11, John 10:21).

Jul 23, 2018
So you agree completely with what Jesus said? Including not working for money (having a job), selling houses, lands, cars, material? And living (basically homeless, Luke 9:58) preaching the Gospel full time? (Mark 16:15). Jesus and the disciples did exactly that (Acts 2:45-47, Acts 4:32, Acts) (Luke 14:33, Luke 4:11, Luke 5:11, John 10:21).
Paul worked and rented a house.
Jesus said in luke 22
35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
So,get yourself a purse,wallet and sword.

Mar 3, 2019
Paul worked and rented a house.
Jesus said in luke 22
35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
So,get yourself a purse,wallet and sword.
Right, and there is nothing wrong with utilizing money, Jesus had a treasurer (who was Judas). But when Jesus said in (Matthew 6:24) You can’t serve money and God at the same time, he was talking about working for it, he even go’s so far to say don’t work for food that perishes (John 6:27) because there is much more to life than having food or drink. But doing his work first and your basic needs will be taken care of, that’s what (Matthew 6:33) means. Jesus made preaching the Word the top priority and obeying his teachings, healing the sick, casting out devils and the most ignored one Luke 14:33 forsaking all. The church calls obeying Jesus, working your way to heaven, which is an excuse not to obey him. Ask yourself how many tireless hours have you spent working for money? Or working to pay bills, loans, debts, college education, the list goes on. With all these requirements to live in the world, you become a slave to money, it becomes your top priority and I guarantee it’s above Gods priority’s. You will learn to hate one master (God) and love the other (money). And when you live in the world like this, Jesus and his invisible Kingdom become less and less real, it becomes nearly just words spoken every Sunday or Wednesday.

I hope you see what Jesus is saying brother. Peace be apon you.

Mar 3, 2019
Right, and there is nothing wrong with utilizing money, Jesus had a treasurer (who was Judas). But when Jesus said in (Matthew 6:24) You can’t serve money and God at the same time, he was talking about working for it, he even go’s so far to say don’t work for food that perishes (John 6:27) because there is much more to life than having food or drink. But doing his work first and your basic needs will be taken care of, that’s what (Matthew 6:33) means. Jesus made preaching the Word the top priority and obeying his teachings, healing the sick, casting out devils and the most ignored one Luke 14:33 forsaking all. The church calls obeying Jesus, working your way to heaven, which is an excuse not to obey him. Ask yourself how many tireless hours have you spent working for money? Or working to pay bills, loans, debts, college education, the list goes on. With all these requirements to live in the world, you become a slave to money, it becomes your top priority and I guarantee it’s above Gods priority’s. You will learn to hate one master (God) and love the other (money). And when you live in the world like this, Jesus and his invisible Kingdom become less and less real, it becomes nearly just words spoken every Sunday or Wednesday.

I hope you see what Jesus is saying brother. Peace be apon you.
Oh and Pual did make tents for a short time, then he was addressed by other Christians and he left. I have it in the first post.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Jesus also had said the following:

Matthew 10:5-6 -

"5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Matthew 15:24 -

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

These were not intended to be directly applicable to all believers of all times.

Let us not be careless in incorrectly applying scriptures willy-nilly, but "correctly-apportioning" instead, as we are instructed to do. ;) Scripture will become much more clear (to our "understanding") when we do so. :)