Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Stach ---------Here is what you need to know

There were 4 Raptures -----Elijah was Raptured ---Enock was Raptured ---both taken before they died Physically ---Jesus in His Glorified Body was raptured --------and Philip was caught up and was taken from one place to another ------in Acts 8 -----verse 39----

Acts 8:26-40

37 [e]And Philip said, If you believe with all your heart [if you have [f]a conviction, full of joyful trust, that Jesus is the Messiah and accept Him as the Author of your salvation in the kingdom of God, giving Him your obedience, then] you may. And he replied, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he ordered that the chariot be stopped; and both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and [Philip] baptized him.

39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord [[g]suddenly] caught away Philip; and the eunuch saw him no more, and he went on his way rejoicing.

40 But Philip was found at Azotus, and passing on he preached the good news (Gospel) to all the towns until he reached

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Good for you you’re open minded that I like I recommend you listen to Shepherd Chapel you will not hear anything like it on any other church that I can find and I’ve been to everyone
And with good reason.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Stach -----this is what I found on your Shepard's Chapel

Watch out ------The Wolf could be blocking the ears of the Sheep --from Hearing the Truth -----

https://www.gotquestions.org/Shepherds-Chapel.html
Are the teachings of Arnold Murray and Shepherd’s Chapel biblical?

ANSWER

Shepherd’s Chapel is a church/ministry in Gravette, Arkansas, USA, known mainly for its television broadcast featuring the Bible teaching of Arnold Murray. Sadly, the teachings of Arnold Murray and Shepherd’s Chapel are full of error.

Murray demonstrated the signs of a false prophet. He maintained attitudes that were disturbingly un-Christlike. Murray’s habit of branding everyone who disagrees with him as a tool of the devil was a telling sign of his theology. Rather than instruct or correct with love and compassion (Galatians 5:22–26), Murray responded with anger, aggressiveness, and secrecy, and he inspired the same contempt and anger in many of his followers.

Murray’s teaching takes verses out of context, which makes it easy to twist their meaning. He talked about original Greek and Hebrew word meanings, but only when he could pick an alternate translation that seemed to support his opinion. When others questioned his conclusions, Murray attacked the questioner rather than defend his view. Murray came to the Bible with his own pre-conceived opinions and then twisted the Word of God to make it fit.

For example, Murray claimed that Cain was actually the son of Eve and Satan—the serpent seed doctrine. He ignored Genesis 4:1 which says, “Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, ‘With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man’” (Genesis 4:1). Adam was Cain’s father, and there is no reason to believe otherwise. Murray also connected the parable of the good and bad seed in Matthew 13 with God’s curse of the serpent in Genesis 3 despite nothing in the context to connect the two passages.

Murray taught that there will be no rapture, despite passages such as 1 Thessalonians 4:16 and 1 Corinthians 15:51–52. As is all-too-common with Arnold Murray, he claimed that 95 percent of churches who teach the rapture will accept the Antichrist as their savior (from a November 1985 newsletter). In this way, Murray effectively denied the salvation of anyone who believes in the rapture. It is unsettling to hear a Bible teacher making such claims about those he disagrees with concerning a non-essential point of eschatology.

Shepherd’s Chapel also teaches modalism, a heretical doctrine that denies the Trinity. Murray taught that “Father,” “Son,” and “Spirit” are different titles that God uses at different times. As God takes on different jobs, He uses various names for Himself. Modalism was condemned as a heresy in the first few centuries of the Christian church. It turns God into a deceiver, because passages such as Matthew 3:16-17 definitely describe the Father, Son, and Spirit interrelating to each other. How can the Father speak in the presence of the Son and the Spirit descend on the Son without it making it appear that the three of them are separate persons?

Murray also subscribed to the Christian Identity Movement, which teaches the British are the real descendants of the ancient Israelites. This movement has been the foundation, fuel, and ammunition for a great deal of racial bigotry. Murray denounced interracial marriages, an unbiblical position that itself wavers on the edge of racism.

In addition to doctrinal errors, Arnold Murray also demonstrated violent personality traits incompatible with the position of church leader. His lack of compassion and condescending references to those who disagree with him were the most noticeable sign of his instability. Christians should be wary of anyone who acts as Arnold Murray did and should avoid any teacher who subscribes to the unbiblical views of Shepherd’s Chapel.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hello fellow Christians first and foremost I did not come here to divide the body of Christ. I came here to Unite. Hopefully the Holy Spirit will give me the words to say right now, for I have prayed. We can agree in the body of Christ, some believe in the rapture and some believe do not . Yes, one of us may be a fool because that’s what the Bible says foolish however, we both feel we have a job to do for a purpose and yours is to be raptured And The elect have a different job.
We are still the body of Christ I love each and everyone of you and I just love talking about God I do not want to divide. I do not want to cause trouble. If I feel I am I will step away.
you know I think an issue here in this forum is when we use terms like “rapture “ people understand that term differently.

a can you define what you mean by “rapture ?” Remembering it’s actually not a biblical word but a word people invented later to try to describe an event in scripture

what I mean is a lot of the disagreements here re because we understand words to mean different things

what is “the rapture “to you ?

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
The word Rapture is not in Scripture ----

-the word Rapture ---comes from the Latin word ----

Latin definition for:rapio, rapere, rapui, raptus

rapio, rapere, rapui, raptus

verb
  • conjugation: 3rd conjugation
Definitions:
  1. destroy
  2. drag off
  3. hurry
  4. pillage
  5. seize, carry off
  6. snatch

The word used in the Scripture is Caught Up -------

Strong's Concordance
harpazó: to seize, catch up, snatch away
Original Word: ἁρπάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: harpazó
Phonetic Spelling: (har-pad'-zo)
Definition: to seize, catch up, snatch away
Usage: I seize, snatch, obtain by robbery.
HELPS Word-studies
726 harpázōproperly, seize by force; snatch up, suddenly and decisively – like someone seizing bounty (spoil, a prize); to take by an open display of force (i.e. not covertly or secretly).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from a prim. root harp-
Definition
to seize, catch up, snatch away
NASB Translation
carry off (1), caught (4), snatch (2), snatched...away (1), snatches (1), snatches away (1), snatching (1), take...away...by force (1), take...by force (2).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 726: ἁρπάζω

; to seize, carry off by force: τί (Matthew 12:29

to snatch out or away: τί, Matthew 13:19; τί ἐκ χειρός τίνος,

John 10:28f; τινα ἐκ πυρός, proverbial, to rescue from the danger of destruction, Jude 1:23 (Amos 4:11; Zechariah 3:2); τινα,

to seize and carry off speedily, John 6:15; Acts 23:10; used of divine power transferring a person marvellously and swiftly from one place to another,

to snatch or catch away: 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

R

RichMan

Good for you you’re open minded that I like I recommend you listen to Shepherd Chapel you will not hear anything like it on any other church that I can find and I’ve been to everyone
So you have been to everyone?
Do not remember you visiting the church I attend.
By the way, Shepherd Chapel is a teacher of heresy ,

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
So we see the word Rapture and Caught up mean the same thing -------so using the word Rapture instead of caught up in Scripture ---is not saying anything different as they both mean the same thing --