RE: Posting with colors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cfultz3

RE: Posting with colors

When I post in color code and hit the submit button, the code is lost. Is there a way to keep it so that I do not have to set and re-code the post?

U

Ugly

Re: Posting with colors

Easiest way i've found to color words is write out what you want in standard black. Then highlight the parts you want colored and use the 'Text Color' option (the A next to the smileys). Seems whenever i try to type out in the desired color it doesn't stick.

G

GRA

Easiest way i've found to color words is write out what you want in standard black. Then highlight the parts you want colored and use the 'Text Color' option (the A next to the smileys). Seems whenever i try to type out in the desired color it doesn't stick.
That is my 'normal' / 'default' way of changing text color - and just about everything else...

Basically, you can always select / highlight and then modify: bold, italics, underline, font, size, color -- and, anything and everything else.

:)

C

cfultz3

I am talking about transporting what I have done in something like Office/Word. The code, it seems, gets erased when I post directly. Any suggestions or is this the only solution?

G

GRA

I am talking about transporting what I have done in something like Office/Word. The code, it seems, gets erased when I post directly. Any suggestions or is this the only solution?
It really needs to be plain text when it goes into the CC posting editor.

You could write your own BB code tags into the text.

Example:

[color=blue]this text is blue[/color]

this text is blue

BB code tags list:

http://christianchat.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

:)

U

Ugly

If you mean taking from Word and pasting it into CC forums, it likely uses different codes and doesn't translate.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Formatting is not carried over from Word into the reply box here. The color setting is application specific, and when you change a color in the reply box, it utilizes HTML code to apply it.

You'll need to copy and paste your finished response, and then from the reply box here, highlight it all and select your color, as Ugly suggested.

C

cfultz3

thank you everyone for the help.