Real Faith Means We “DO” Things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Israel

Re: Real Faith Means We “DO” Things

Faith without work is indeed dead. The problem is how we define work.

Revelation 22:12

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

In its truest simplicity, Israel is the story of all of mankind.
Everyone is given a measure of faith in Christ. For the bible says that the Gentile not having the law, by nature did the things contained in the law, thereby becoming a law unto themselves.

We cannot see spirit, it is as the wind. We can however see the dust, or in this case our bodies it moves. Without the flesh, both what we see as good and what we see as bad, faith is lifeless. But all things work for the ultimate good.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Faith without work is indeed dead. The problem is how we define work.

Revelation 22:12

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

In its truest simplicity, Israel is the story of all of mankind.
Everyone is given a measure of faith in Christ. For the bible says that the Gentile not having the law, by nature did the things contained in the law, thereby becoming a law unto themselves.

We cannot see spirit, it is as the wind. We can however see the dust, or in this case our bodies it moves. Without the flesh, both what we see as good and what we see as bad, faith is lifeless. But all things work for the ultimate good.
hi Israel:
i know you won't mind if i clarify for any newbies who may be confused by your ideas (i.e: Everyone is given a measure of faith in Christ. ) that you are a Universalist.
thanks
zone.

I

Israel

hi Israel:
i know you won't mind if i clarify for any newbies who may be confused by your ideas (i.e: Everyone is given a measure of faith in Christ. ) that you are a Universalist.
thanks
zone.

Romans 12:3-4

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

Hi, Zone. Again to clarify myself, I am NOT a universalist. Howevter, if their beliefs are concluded in all men being saved, then they indeed do well.

May 2, 2011
What were the Observations, the Praises, the Rebukes and the Rewards to the Seven Churches in Revelation again?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Romans 12:3-4

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

Hi, Zone. Again to clarify myself, I am NOT a universalist. Howevter, if their beliefs are concluded in all men being saved, then they indeed do well.
hi Israel.
Paul spoke those words to saved individuals in the church. not the lost.
the lost have suppressed the knowledge of God in unrighteousness, and walk according to the power of the prince of the air, glorying in their shame, among whom WE ALL ONCE WALKED until we were DRAGGED (drawn) to Christ and washed and saved.

all men will not be saved.

Matthew 13:42
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

PLEASE GIVE THE WORLD THE TRUE SIMPLE GOSPEL!

I

Israel

hi Israel.
Paul spoke those words to saved individuals in the church. not the lost.
the lost have suppressed the knowledge of God in unrighteousness, and walk according to the power of the prince of the air, glorying in their shame, among whom WE ALL ONCE WALKED until we were DRAGGED (drawn) to Christ and washed and saved.

all men will not be saved.

Matthew 13:42
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

PLEASE GIVE THE WORLD THE TRUE SIMPLE GOSPEL!

Matthew 12:11-15

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; LEST AT ANYTIME they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

It is the same language used even in Genesis.
God is afraid for us. If the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is just that- a knowledge, then the tree of life is a knowledge as well. In knowing both what we see as good and evil, to then acquire that knowledge for most of mankind, it would indeed be a detriment to the entire universe!

For this reason it is God who is sending such a strong delusion to those that are lost. God must destroy this type of man. The seed of faith that every man has must remain untouched by sin.

Our God is a holy God, and if the firstfruit is holy, then the lump is holy as well. If the root is holy, then so are the branches.

When I say that all men are saved, it is indeed the gospel, but you cannot hear the words. Is it because you feel you've earned it? That you put the time and effort into knowing Jesus and the one you have in your mind as unsaved gets the same reward as you?

I dont know about you, but I know I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But for all the riches you've acquired through your knowledge of the law, will you now give that up for the true knowledge of Christ?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Matthew 12:11-15

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; LEST AT ANYTIME they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

It is the same language used even in Genesis.
God is afraid for us. If the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is just that- a knowledge, then the tree of life is a knowledge as well. In knowing both what we see as good and evil, to then acquire that knowledge for most of mankind, it would indeed be a detriment to the entire universe!?
sorry Israel, but thats not why He spoke to them in parables.

For this reason it is God who is sending such a strong delusion to those that are lost. God must destroy this type of man. The seed of faith that every man has must remain untouched by sin
nah. He's sending strong delsusion on people who refused to accept the convicting and convincing work of the Holy Spirit: they continued to glory in their shame, hating God, regardless of the evidence of Him and of Christ having come and all the testimony.

He sends it so they are bound in delusion and must accept the lie over the truth.
its a permanent condition: Judicially enforced, as was the blindness declared upon The Pharisees and unbelieving jews who followed them, and the desolation of Jerusalem.

incidentally. i find it interesting you make this "the seed of faith that every man has" (which i have no clue where got this from since all men are dead in trespasses and sins before the new birth, so they have no "seed of faith"....if you mean Christians and sin, do you think a man can spiritualize away a continual life of sinful activity The Lord has made clear He abhors? are we not to repent, turn from our sin when saved, and keep turning though we stumble and still sin at times?

Our God is a holy God, and if the firstfruit is holy, then the lump is holy as well. If the root is holy, then so are the branches.
For this reason it is God who is sending such a strong delusion to those that are lost. God must destroy this type of man. The seed of faith that every man has must remain untouched by sin
right. so like i said: are we allowed to continue in an unceasing life of sinful activity, or will He not convict us to push and pull us away from a continued life in sinful activity He hates?

When I say that all men are saved, it is indeed the gospel, but you cannot hear the words.?
show me please.

Is it because you feel you've earned it?
you have me confused with somone else.

That you put the time and effort into knowing Jesus and the one you have in your mind as unsaved gets the same reward as you? ?
huh? time and effort?
He came to me Israel. God dragged me to Christ.
that's how i got to know Him.
knowing Him since then isn't 'time and effort'. it's the new reality.
and its wonderful.

the "unsaved" i have in my mind? like who?
maybe i need to wait and see your evidence in scripture that all men are saved.

I dont know about you, but I know I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But for all the riches you've acquired through your knowledge of the law, will you now give that up for the true knowledge of Christ?
more of this rubbish i see.
ya. you know Him. i don't.

Israel: are we required to cease and struggle with sin?

and, if all men are saved, who are these?

Last edited:
I

Israel

sorry Israel, but thats not why He spoke to them in parables.

nah. He's sending strong delsusion on people who refused to accept the convicting and convincing work of the Holy Spirit: they continued to glory in their shame, hating God, regardless of the evidence of Him and of Christ having come and all the testimony.

He sends it so they are bound in delusion and must accept the lie over the truth.
its a permanent condition: Judicially enforced, as was the blindness declared upon The Pharisees and unbelieving jews who followed them, and the desolation of Jerusalem.

incidentally. i find it interesting you make this "the seed of faith that every man has" (which i have no clue where got this from since all men are dead in trespasses and sins before the new birth, so they have no "seed of faith"....if you mean Christians and sin, do you think a man can spiritualize away a continual life of sinful activity The Lord has made clear He abhors? are we not to repent, turn from our sin when saved, and keep turning though we stumble and still sin at times?

right. so like i said: are we allowed to continue in an unceasing life of sinful activity, or will He not convict us to push and pull us away from a continued life in sinful activity He hates?

show me please.

you have me confused with somone else.

huh? time and effort?
He came to me Israel. God dragged me to Christ.
that's how i got to know Him.
knowing Him since then isn't 'time and effort'. it's the new reality.
and its wonderful.

the "unsaved" i have in my mind? like who?
maybe i need to wait and see your evidence in scripture that all men are saved.

more of this rubbish i see.
ya. you know Him. i don't.

Israel: are we required to cease and struggle with sin?

and, if all men are saved, who are these?
I never said that you didn't know Him. Whatever you see that keeps you on the straight and narrow by all means continue. Just don't judge a man by his walk.

Because I believe that all men are saved, that does not make me a law breaker Zone. But if I believe that we all are saved and I still obey, the law is then established through love and not the fear of death.

The body of sin must be destroyed as no flesh and blood will enter the kingdom of heaven. When Paul says that we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, did he die as well as any other man? Is not his grave still with us today? It is a mind set as the Bible says to be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Now if you believe that God has lead you to Jesus, why not lead everyone else? There is nothing special about you or me. We are so only because of God.

It is God's will that all men be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. If this is His will, dont you think He controls all the means to make it a reality?

If you want, we can quote verse after verse to support our stance, but that does not edify. Im not here to change your mind. Only to be a witness for the Lord.