Really just need some advice for a younger couple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BBhope

Hey everyone names Brandon Im new here hoping to get some guidance

So here is my life story i hope someone can tell me what to do. Im 22 years old ive never been in a very religious family my parents worked constantly they never attended church and never pushed me to go. I never really thought about it just the way it was me along with my brothers and sisters are very southern raised respectful ive always treated everyone to the best of my abilities and done things for people with never any concerns about recieveing anything back for it. I work I support myself never asking for help i do have a two year old daughter she was born outta marriage but she is the best thing thats happen to me she made me a better person. So what has started this i met a girl my age thats a very church going religious person shes a virgin never had sexual relations basically a respectful girl and i honestly care about her more than these words can describe. She pushed me to go to church with her and honestly i love going not to please her but i love the feeling the warmth of the people i get. I want a relationship with god i want what my friends have i wish someone could guide me there and help me learn how to have that!

R

_Ragdoll_

It reallly just like any other relationship, only so much more. You need to admit that you are a sinner, proclaim and believe that Christ died for our sins so that we may have life everlasting, ask Him to come into your life and heart to be your Saviour and to lead you. Pray, it's like having a conversation with your best friend. Talk to Him, about anything and everything. Read your iBble, learn about all the things He offers you, all the things He's done for you, what He wants from you. Every question you could ever have, has an answer in the Bible. You just have to look for it.

A

AgeofKnowledge

It sounds like you have made some good steps forward. Keep going. Us Christians claim progress but not necessarily perfection ;). The Church (the genuine world-wide body of born-again believers and followers of Jesus Christ [minus cults and those that merely profess to be]) are a community and supposed to support one another. So dig in!

So here is my life story i hope someone can tell me what to do. Im 22 years old ive never been in a very religious family my parents worked constantly they never attended church and never pushed me to go. I never really thought about it just the way it was me along with my brothers and sisters are very southern raised respectful ive always treated everyone to the best of my abilities and done things for people with never any concerns about recieveing anything back for it. I work I support myself never asking for help i do have a two year old daughter she was born outta marriage but she is the best thing thats happen to me she made me a better person. So what has started this i met a girl my age thats a very church going religious person shes a virgin never had sexual relations basically a respectful girl and i honestly care about her more than these words can describe. She pushed me to go to church with her and honestly i love going not to please her but i love the feeling the warmth of the people i get. I want a relationship with god i want what my friends have i wish someone could guide me there and help me learn how to have that!

I

Indubitably

Welcome to CC and I hope I can help a little. These are the steps to invite Jesus into your heart and life. He will save you, be a friend that sticks closer than a brother and heal your hurts and sorrows. He will give you a new like and bless you as you allow Him to take control over your life.
1. Admit that you are a sinner.
2. Believe that Jesus shed his blood and died on the cross to take away your sin.
3. Believe that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day and went to Heaven to be with His father, God.

Then simply say this prayer if you mean it with all your heart:

“Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner and that I don't deserve your love. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and shed his blood for my sins. I do receive you now, Jesus, as my Lord and personal Savior. I promise to serve you to the best of my ability. Please come into my heart and make me new. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

If you said that prayer, sincerely, you are now a child of God. Jesus is in your heart and you can call on Him anytime and tell Him your need. He will be faithful to answer. Read your Bible. The book of John, in the New Testament, is a great place to start. Pray often and find a good Bible believing and teaching church where you feel loved and accepted. You'll grow in your new life quickly and find Christian fellowship to support you and make you stronger in your faith.

I will be praying for you, that God will move in your life very soon!

B

BBhope

Thanks alot Im sure i have a long way to go before i know everything there is to know but i can surely see ill enjoy it Im very committed and planned to surely see this through to the end!

A

Ariel82

That is wonderful! :) my advice would be to set aside a time each day to pray and read your Bible. Like any relationship you have to work on it.

The Bible is God's message to us and if someone wrote a book specifically for you, wouldn't you want to read it?

Welcome to CC.

matthew 6
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

D

dmdave17

Young man, you are pretty much there. Just say what you just said in this post directly to God. And it probably wouldn't hurt if you were on your knees when you said it. Then, tell your girlfirend and you can both rejoice.

God bless you abundantly.

B

BBhope

Thanks you all from the bottom of my heart. I have a really obsession with music I play acoustic guitar ive never gotten into anything gospel or christain music whichever way itd be labeled but shes getting me to listen to new stuff ive always been a country person anyone have any suggestions! artist songs anything helps.. I guess the most important thing id like to say is I bought my first bible tonight and just sat down and opened it plan to start at the front and read it to the back!!

I

intercessorginger

This is a terrific post and I'm so glad that you want a relationship with the Lord. It's the best decision you have ever made and it is easy to have this desire met.
The word says, Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. The first step is to be born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. You must repent (be sorry) for your sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you to overflowing! Then continue to attend church, read your bible and talk to Jesus every day. It's like any other relationship, it grows deeper the more time to spend with the Lord.
It's a wondeful Life!

Dec 14, 2012
To have a relationship with God takes time and effort. God's word, the Holy Bible, is a great source to learn about God and His aspects. Jesus said seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened. So if you seek God earnestly, you will find Him. Pray, read the Bible, and meditate on what you learn. Give to others continually, giving thanks to God for your ability to serve. Jesus said to be great we must humble ourselves and become servants. Every good action and thought will bring you closer to God. Talk to God and ask Him to draw near to you, and soon you will find that God is communicating to you in all kinds of ways. Hope that helps! Love, light, and life.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Call out and ask him to come and save you and to lead you home.

John 3

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

24 For John was not yet cast into prison.

25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying.

26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
You know without Yahshua the Messiah you are dead in your sin and separated from Yahvah God your Creator?

My friend are you ready to come to the Light so that your deeds are reproved?

Seek him with all your heart and you shall find him.

So a message for you from he that can forgive you of your sin:

Matthew 4

17From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand
You have been found guilty of sin.

Exodus 20

20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
May you accept his Merciful gift.

P

psychomom

This is what the Lord Jesus said about what you are going through...:)

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. (John 6:44)

It sounds like you are being drawn to the Lord Jesus by the Father, my very dear child. :)
And this is the result...

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.( John 6:36-40)

Congrats on the baby girl. :)
Congrats on meeting this lovely young woman. :)

I encourage you to begin your Bible reading with the Gospel of John.
(New Testament...Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)

Not all of it will make sense right away...that's okay.
Once you belong to Jesus (are saved) the Holy Spirit will open your understanding little by little.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God
not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
(Ephesians 2:4,5,8,9)

Belonging to Jesus is a free gift we could never earn.
God's grace is what makes us able to belong to Him.
It's free! Something we could never, ever accomplish on our own, but given because God loves us.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

We acknowledge we are sinners, yes.
We acknowledge we cannot stop sinning, or ever be good enough on our own for God to accept us.
We acknowledge we need a Savior.♥
And we receive a gift! :)
We are made new!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

God made Him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
That is the heart of the Gospel...the Good News!

I pray you speak to the pastor of this church, or one of the elders.
No better gift can you give your daughter than a daddy who belongs to Jesus. ♥

Blessings to you, dear one!
-ellie

Oct 11, 2012
Well, you're giving it a really good start by getting into church. The advice I would give you is pretty obvious. When you feel led, you need to get saved and baptized. Ask Jesus to come into your heart and accept him as your Lord and Savior. Know that he died on the cross for your sins and you want him to take the lead in your life, giving yourself completely over to him, so he can use you to his will! It's such a great thing when you develop a relationship with God, because you can talk with him, and learn more about him through reading his word. You think you feel good now, wait until you have that feeling all the time, not just in church.

I'll pray that you receive his blessings and that your walk with him grows much closer. Praise God that you want a relationship with him. I'm so happy for you and your new relationship. God has already blessed you with a rare find on this earth already! :)

B

BBhope

Well I feel as if its becoming more something i just do as of now I think its a addiction i find my self reading all the time Id like to thank you all for the support from god and you all as well. As for these two godsgrl6 and von1 I have to give a big thanks to them they haved helped me so much although it may seem so little it means alot and i hope gods blesses you all as he blessed me bringing this into my life!

C

chuinchoy

Read your bible daily, pray daily and attend church ministry regularly to serve God and have fellowship with fellow brothers and sisters in-christ. Thats how i grow up spiritually.