Receiving of Biblical faith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Obviously this doesn't contradict Christ - so what does it mean?

Is it the person of Jesus clearly seen by the created universe, or is it the fact that God exists?
Ia Romans 1 telling us that atheism is untenable or that disbelief in Christ come in the flesh, crucified and risen is inexcusable because of the existence of the sky, the land the sea, and the creatures?

Dec 9, 2011
So as long as a person can explain the gospel simply and clearly a person will believe?
I'm not too sure about that, because doesn't there need to be a conviction of one's sin to see their need for a Savior in the first place, and doesn't the Holy Spirit need to open their eyes to Jesus being truly the Son of God and not just some famous guy in history?

And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
(Joh 16:8-9)

And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
(Mat 16:17)
See post 31 and meditate on It before responding back with a one-directional mind set.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Next, we must define what it means to be God Almighty before we can determine if faith can be resisted. If God is truly God, and knows and can control everything then He must be irresistible. God reigns supreme!
True, God in His raw power is irresistible, but what if He has chosen to deal with us through weak and foolish means which can be resisted like the preached Gospel?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
(1Co 1:21-28)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
See post 31 and meditate on It before responding back with a one-directional mind set.
I did. I even asked you about it.
It would help if we gave some scriptural backup instead of just our opinions for clarity sake.

I'll even ask you what you meant by 'a one directional mindset'.

Dec 9, 2011
Obviously this doesn't contradict Christ - so what does it mean?

Is it the person of Jesus clearly seen by the created universe, or is it the fact that God exists?
Ia Romans 1 telling us that atheism is untenable or that disbelief in Christ come in the flesh, crucified and risen is inexcusable because of the existence of the sky, the land the sea, and the creatures?
It Means that there IS GOD In CHRIST.Im saying that a person doesn’t have any excuse for not believing that there IS a GOD the creation Itself declares It.

Of course the WORD of GOD come In the flesh,JESUS,IS GOD.

Dec 9, 2011
I did. I even asked you about it.
It would help if we gave some scriptural backup instead of just our opinions for clarity sake.

I'll even ask you what you meant by 'a one directional mindset'.
I said one-directional because I answered your question once already but I don’t think you thought about It more than to lean towards immediate resistance.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I said one-directional because I answered your question once already but I don’t think you thought about It more than to lean towards immediate resistance.
I was trying to answer your post #31 but couldn't make much sense out of it, that's why I asked you questions about it (post #32). But never mind, I see which direction this is heading.

Feb 28, 2016
a wonderful way to get 'insight' into Faith, is the FAITH CHAPTER=HEB. 11.
Godly Faith always walks in the steps of Jesus Christ -
Abraham offered-up his 'only son' through FAITH, for The Spirit of Christ
was in him...